Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,431   Online: 1074

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast

Thread: Fotokemika ...

Shooter
    35mm
    @Darko,
    meanwhile is the distribution halted?
    Neither Macodirect, nor Fotomatica and Ars Imago carry Fotokemika 35mm bulk rolls...

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Why not? What's to lose? Maybe they'll quit making film and paper if we keep asking
    They would have to invest in new very expensive machines for the manufacturing of the paper, if it's true that they are, how old? Since the end of WWII? And the machines for film aren't that much younger.

The Emaks and Efke emulsions are still popular, so if they are going to be made in the future the production should be moved to the modern equipment in Germany. It's sad for the workers in Croatia, but there's not much that can be done if not a multi millionaire steps in to invest in Fotokemika. Or the Croatian state/city of Samobor. Fotokemika is indeed a company that puts Croatia, and the city of Samobor, on the map.
    J. Patric DahlÚn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    @Darko,
    meanwhile is the distribution halted?
    Neither Macodirect, nor Fotomatica and Ars Imago carry Fotokemika 35mm bulk rolls...
    In Croatia Fotokemika papers and films are sold either in factory itself or in Zagreb in shop www.praxis.hr
    When I called them they told me that they have some emaks paper (most critical for me) on stock in factory but to hurry up if want to buy it. So I would say yes - distribution seems to be stopped (I will double check this when i call them again).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    may be time for everyone to buy some film from Ilford and either shoot itup or throw it away, just to keep them busy.

just saying ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    may be time for everyone to buy some film from Ilford and either shoot itup or throw it away, just to keep them busy.

just saying ....
    Well, I would hope that wouldn't be necessary. I use FP4 Plus more than anything else from Ilford (besides their paper) but I just put a bunch on ice a couple months ago. Wouldn't normally plan on buying anymore until this time next year but...I guess you never know!

You know, it sounds almost as if Fotokemika is cannibalizing parts from the broken machines to keep the others running. Maybe they ran out of used parts for their paper machines.

As for distribution, it seems that the IR820 and KB 25 are the emulsions that seem to be running out the quickest, and that in 35mm and large format. I would not be at all surprised to learn that distribution hasn't changed a bit. I suspect that there has been a run on some of these emulsions as this news became more widely known. The distribution is likely the same, but that isn't sufficient to keep the stores stocked right now. I know that I disrupted my normal film buying routine to buy extra Efke KB 25 this month. If I have changed my own film buying I would not be at all surprised that others have as well.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post

just saying ....
    Ilford films just dont have that authentic Efke/Adox vibe. Ilford doesn not offer IR film as ir820Aura.. but a near IR film with outrageous price that is easily murdered by Rollei/Agfa near IR films in resolution and response and the last cost half of what You pay for Ilford.
    Ilford films have 2 to 3 times less silver than Efke and are set at higher price range, at least in Europe.
    In US might be the other way around.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    But there's one small problem with Efke films... they're not panchromatic, but instead orthopanchromatic. This means I have to look elsewhere for a cheap 5x7 film for contrast masking transparencies. Perhaps Shanghai 100 film?

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    darkroom_rookie Efke 100 is fully panachromatic only the 25 and 50 version have a reduced red sensitivity

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just read on the Fotoimpex Forum that Mirko has visited the Fotokemika plant and the situation looks bad for both film and paper. It seems that the problem is lack of money for machinery repair. I enclose a link for you who know where your German dictionary is hidden.

Karl-Gustaf

http://forum.fotoimpex.de/index.php?showtopic=2589
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^ copy abd pasted into Google translate:

Like Mirko Boeddecker August 5, 2012

There are currently Closed.
    I have Probelme known I would not express but as above. I'll be flying down in two weeks and then we'll see.

Best regards,

Mirko
    Unfortunately I can not tell good. The situation seems unique and I think that relates to films and papers alike.
    I had already pointed out in several places how tight it is for us a manufacturer of analog photographic material at current market prices.
    The very efficient manufacturer (Kodak, Ilford) make it at your Losgro▀en and shopping benefits, at market prices, realizing a small net profit.
    The smaller producers, however hanging on by a thread and is costing her her neither depreciation nor repair expenses.
    In Fotokemika is currently broken something which needs to be repapriert. Nothing great, worth less than a small car, but it's enough to put the commercial continuation of the entire premises in question despite the fact that here is a manufacturer withdraws the implementation still has several million.
    For this strategic dilemma, we unfortunately can not find a solution as you can not assume that the competitive pressures will subside in the short or medium term.

Definitely not good :-(
    Mirko
    Andy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin