Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,916   Online: 1003

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 141819202122232425262728293034 ... LastLast

Thread: Fotokemika ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.g View Post
    Guys, how much for repair overall? could efke guys open donate site? i can help with money or i can order custom build parts.
    please dont close the doors
    Mirko already addressed that. It's not that they can't afford the repair. They can. It's that they won't make enough back in the long run to make the repair worthwhile.

It sounds like mostly they are victims of the run up in silver prices.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Man View Post
    I don't really want to diss the retailers but here in the UK it's virtually impossible to buy Fotokemika products. You can buy Efke Infrared, in limited formats from some retailers, and 127 film but you can't get any other films or any of their papers. The only way to get their products is to order from the US, then pay exorbitant postage and import duties. Given you can drive a truck from the UK to their factory in less than a day it is ridiculous we have to get it from the US. If the UK speciality analogue retailers want to stay in business they need to realise that they need to support the whole analogue industry not just their favourite suppliers. If the range of analogue products continues to dwindle so will the amount of young people taking up the process and they will then be left with no business.
    We offer almost their entire range under the ADOX brand which actually is the original brand for these products.
    You can (or better I have to say could now) get them from Ag photographic and silverprint.

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    We offer almost their entire range under the ADOX brand which actually is the original brand for these products.
    You can (or better I have to say could now) get them from Ag photographic and silverprint.

Mirko
    My apologies. So is all the art series Fotokemika? it is hard to tell what is what with this re-branding. This is indeed very bad news, what of the “Adox” products will be discontinued (I love them all)? Guess we will all have to just buy more Polywarmtone when it is finally ready.

Shooter
    35mm
    To Mr.Man, post-230. Why not order their products from a UK online-shop? Or a German or Dutch one? Off the top of my head AG-photographic, Maco, Fotoimpex, the Dutch Adox site and FotohuisRovo all have (with rapidly reducing stocklevel, due to people ordering a lot) Efke film and paper as I have checked them out for my own orders in the last week, and indeed over the last few years. I am fairly sure this is not an exhaustive list.

It is almost certainly true that you won't have seen their products in Boots (a national chain of 'drugstore') though.
    Last edited by MartinP; 08-25-2012 at 12:19 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Mirko already addressed that. It's not that they can't afford the repair. They can. It's that they won't make enough back in the long run to make the repair worthwhile.

It sounds like mostly they are victims of the run up in silver prices.

But I guess it would me more affordable/profitable for them if they only paid fraction of repair.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by IronStar View Post
    But I guess it would me more affordable/profitable for them if they only paid fraction of repair.
    No, it would not. You need to go read the entire thread, and not just start at the last few posts. Mirko has explained this already several times. The cost of the repair is not the primary issue. Even if a generous benefactor simply gave them the money for the repair, it would make no difference. It is a matter of ongoing profitability in today's market.

See posts #150, #161, and #214.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    This is so sad....

Yeah yeah I know 100's of posts on Apug predict a convergence of analog manufactures, but, when it actually happens and you have invested a lot of time, money and artistic energy in the materials we choose, it just hurts to have to go fishing again for alternatives.

Darko/Mirko - Please relay my sympathy to any employees you all encounter. I am proudly putting up a few prints this weekend on my walls that used Fotokemika materials somewhere in the process as some sort of solidarity.

Mirko - As Mr Man asks above, "...what of the “Adox” products will be discontinued?"
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    "...what of the “Adox” products will be discontinued?"
    All CHS films, Nuance and Vario Classic.

Vario Classic can fully be replaced by MCC which is actually better.
    Nuance was a graded paper and thus cannot be fully replaced by MCC or Polywarmtone if/when we make it again but MCC can be developed to a similar tone in ADOTOL WA. Also the highlight differentiation of Nuance and MCC are almost equal if you filter MCC acordingly.
    The lithability of Nuance was very good. If you used the paper for lith printing Polywarmtone will be the repelacement.

As for the films we plan to bring a replacement for the low speed films and a 100 ASA version.
    The 100 ASA film will come first and be made available in the same selection of formats except 127.
    We hope to be able to supply without an interruption here.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mixed news then and I look forward to the new films.

Vario Classic can fully be replaced by MCC which is actually better.
    I can't agree with this though, it was different and an additional tool in the box, it was great for creating some soft dreamy portraits. Glad variotone premium is staying I love this paper

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As for the films we plan to bring a replacement for the low speed films and a 100 ASA version.
    The 100 ASA film will come first and be made available in the same selection of formats except 127.
    We hope to be able to supply without an interruption here.

Kind regards,

Mirko
    I for one will watch for the ISO 25 film, particularly if it is a similar emulsion to Fotokemika's product. I have used the Adox Ortho 25 and Pan 25 in the past, and will likely begin using it again when my supply of Efke 25 runs out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin