Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,334   Posts: 1,537,507   Online: 1078

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 162021222324252627282930313236 ... LastLast

Thread: Fotokemika ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    According to Mirko, any increase in the price of paper and film results in a reduction of demand. I expect he knows what he is talking about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    According to Mirko, any increase in the price of paper and film results in a reduction of demand. I expect he knows what he is talking about.
    I hope he knows what he's talking about. But I claim the Fotokemika paper line is way underpriced here in the US at least, at least comparing it to other paper mfgrs pricing.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    understand, but i wish to see some numbers not only words.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A year ago, some photo buddies and I talked about how Fotokemika might be affected by the fact that Croatia will be granted full membership in European Union in July 1st 2013.
    Some said its for good, others said the other way around since there are additional (EU related) bureaucratic burdens that might be facing businesses from new EU member..

Darko, what do You think?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    A year ago, some photo buddies and I talked about how Fotokemika might be affected by the fact that Croatia will be granted full membership in European Union in July 1st 2013.
    Some said its for good, others said the other way around since there are additional (EU related) bureaucratic burdens that might be facing businesses from new EU member..

Darko, what do You think?
    I think this is not connected with entering in European Union at all. Next year when Croatia enters EU - it will be good for companies in Croatia that are doing business with EU, only those companies that have business with Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and other CEFTA members will have problems when Croatia enters EU - because automatically by entering EU Croatia is no longer member of CEFTA. Fotokemika did not export anything in CEFTA area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Darko, thats what I though as well.
    So, sadly it looks like Fotokemika wont stretch it till after July 2013 and we might not see how the cards might play...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Why? Is Kodak going out of business?

Even if they did, it would be too late to save EKFE products.

PE

Probably Kodak will not go out of business, but they sure wont be doing still photography products anymore...

http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/24/news...ilm/index.html

Meaning that unless someone purchases and keep producing and selling "Kodak" products, the possible market share for other actors in the industry will undoubtedly become possible to develop and grow!!
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    35mm
    Very sad. Which of the products labeled ADOX and Rollei will disappear because of this?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ADOX : CHS films, Nuance and Vario Classic

The newer Rollei Pan 25 120 roll films are Efke R 25.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    See below linked post 238 for impact on Adox. I don't think Rollei has announced anything here. Anyone here in Europe who can inquire to Rollei?

Post 238, Mirko from Adox talking about what is discontinued:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1384785
    Andy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin