Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,675   Online: 884
      
Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 172122232425262728293031323337 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 477

Thread: Fotokemika ...

  1. #261

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    2,425
    Rollei Pan 25 is definitely NOT Efke 25. It's a very different animal. I tried both last yr in 6X9 for mtn
    photog. The Rollei was nice, but with more of an S-curve and not even remotely the very long scale
    of Efke. Shadow separation was disappointing in high contrast scenes, at least for my application.
    Guess I'll stockpile some Efke in the freezer, and hope that somebody later actually replicates the
    formula.

  2. #262
    Bundesphotograph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lower Saxony
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Rollei Pan 25 is definitely NOT Efke 25. It's a very different animal. I tried both last yr in 6X9 for mtn
    photog. The Rollei was nice, but with more of an S-curve and not even remotely the very long scale
    of Efke. Shadow separation was disappointing in high contrast scenes, at least for my application.
    Guess I'll stockpile some Efke in the freezer, and hope that somebody later actually replicates the
    formula.

    I was talking about the newer 120 version of Pan 25 : http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-p-412.html

  3. #263

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    2,425
    Hmmmm ... (????) ... The packaging certainly looks exactly like the Rollei Pan 25 I purchased and used just last year, which was certainly not anything like Efke 25. Maybe some misinformation somewhere per Maco??? Just how new is "newer"?

  4. #264

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    650
    Images
    15
    Drew, rumor has it the old pan 25 incarnation had Filmotec / ORWO (reminded of NP15 from the days..) involved but don't hold me to it.
    New one might be efke offspring or might be not, haven't tried it yet.

  5. #265
    Bundesphotograph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lower Saxony
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Hmmmm ... (????) ... The packaging certainly looks exactly like the Rollei Pan 25 I purchased and used just last year, which was certainly not anything like Efke 25. Maybe some misinformation somewhere per Maco??? Just how new is "newer"?
    Rollei Pan 25 : http://photo.net/black-and-white-pho...g-forum/00aMAI

  6. #266

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    2,425
    I still have a couple of rolls of the Rollei left in the freezer, but can't check it until tonite. It had a
    different antihalation dye, different packaging, and as I mentioned, very different exposure response
    from Efke 25. And as I recall, it was made in Germany, not Croatia. I bought it from Freestyle here just about a year ago. Maybe a different selection is being sold in Europe, repackaged in those same canisters. I've run into these kinds of mysteries before with EU products. But I will remark that this
    last batch of unequivocal Efke 25 I used had none of the quality issues as on previous occasions.

  7. #267
    ath
    ath is offline
    ath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundesphotograph View Post
    I was talking about the newer 120 version of Pan 25 : http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-p-412.html
    And the Maco/Rollei page in english:
    http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-p-41...d6c8f5719fed0d

    Rollei Pan 25 120
    [RF2001X]
    Rollei Pan 25 120
    Click to enlarge 3,68 EUR
    [ incl. 19% VAT plus shipping costs]

    This version Rollei Pan 25 is 1:1 identical to Efkepan 25.
    Maco reserve the right to deliver the Efkepan 25 instead of Rollei Pan 25 for the same price.
    Draw your own conclusions ...
    Regards,
    Andreas

  8. #268

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    883
    I can tell the situation in Italy.
    Here one can find the Adox CHS line only at Ars-Imago, a local distributor in Rome.
    Just for fun, when queried today, they told me that, since Fotokemika is shutting down their production, all Adox CHS line is currently unavailable.
    Fortunately, the Fotoimpex shop site reports that ALL the CHS line is still available in all formats.

    Then I called a second shop, Fotomatica, and asked them if they have some Efke bulk rolls. They actually have only the 100 asa but they did told me that this Efke/Fotokemika shutting down news is bul*** and it's all invented. They said that Fotokemika is still alive and kickin'.

    Draw your own conclusions too...

  9. #269

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    Then I called a second shop, Fotomatica, and asked them if they have some Efke bulk rolls. They actually have only the 100 asa but they did told me that this Efke/Fotokemika shutting down news is bul*** and it's all invented. They said that Fotokemika is still alive and kickin'.
    I conclude that someone is out of the loop. Did they call Fotokemika to confirm the reports? People on this thread have.

  10. #270

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    I conclude that someone is out of the loop. Did they call Fotokemika to confirm the reports? People on this thread have.
    Of course they didn't. It's all up to approximation here in Italy.
    Like Ars-Imago that says that Adox CHS isn't available anymore while from Fotoimpex it's still available.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin