Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,532   Online: 992

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 182223242526272829303132333438 ... LastLast

Thread: Fotokemika ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I still have a couple of rolls of the Rollei left in the freezer, but can't check it until tonite. It had a
    different antihalation dye, different packaging, and as I mentioned, very different exposure response
    from Efke 25. And as I recall, it was made in Germany, not Croatia. I bought it from Freestyle here just about a year ago. Maybe a different selection is being sold in Europe, repackaged in those same canisters. I've run into these kinds of mysteries before with EU products. But I will remark that this
    last batch of unequivocal Efke 25 I used had none of the quality issues as on previous occasions.
    Man, one reason I had been reluctant to try it, even the 4x5 Efke 100 I lucked into - I was afraid I'd like the tonality too much but be unable to tolerate the reported lack of QC. Sounds like they got it together just in time to lose it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    Of course they didn't. It's all up to approximation here in Italy.
    Like Ars-Imago that says that Adox CHS isn't available anymore while from Fotoimpex it's still available.
    Yeah here in the States, our main distributor (Freestyle) said that it is only the paper that was impacted but sadly Darko called them and heard the awful truth (no film and paper) and also Mirko of Adox (I think visited Fotokemika a couple weeks ago) abd has confirmed the same (no film and paper ever)......

I'm thinking this is a sad but true assessment that they are sadly ceasing prod of film and paper....
    Last edited by zsas; 08-27-2012 at 08:29 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add quote
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And of course the New55 is also based on the efke 25 sheetfilm. That'll be a setback for them as well.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Yeah here in the States, our main distributor (Freestyle) said that it is only the paper that was impacted but sadly Darko called them and heard the awful truth (no film and paper) and also Mirko of Adox (I think visited Fotokemika a couple weeks ago) abd has confirmed the same (no film and paper ever)......

I'm thinking this is a sad but true assessment that they are sadly ceasing prod of film and paper....
    It seems Fotoimpex has blocked all CHS film shipments due to low volume in their warehouse.
    So I'm unable to order and buy the three bulk rolls directly at my local distributor just to save 28€ worth of shipment.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Time for a daytrip to Berlin?
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    Time for a daytrip to Berlin?
    I'm a poor kind of guy and paying 28€ of shipment for three bulk rolls is way too much for me now.
    If there's a cheaper shipping option I will consider the purchase, otherwise no. Sorry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter de Groot View Post
    And of course the New55 is also based on the efke 25 sheetfilm. That'll be a setback for them as well.
    I did not know that. That's bad news.

Shooter
    35mm
    This thread is getting more and more depressing.

I'm going to pin my hopes on ADOX being able to come out with something similar to the CHS line they are currently selling. In the meantime I am putting in a bulk order of the CHS 50.

When it was mentioned that Adox might try to make a limited amount of film and charge a higher price, I wonder just how much higher they will be charging? The IR820C is US$13 a roll,while that's high, its not outrageous.. If we are talking in the $15 range and less during a sale, I would be more than happy to purchase it once in awhile when doing family portraits or something extra special.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anything at or under $20/roll would not dissuade me from an IR film, nor at or under $2/sheet for 4x5 provided I didn't have to buy more than 50 sheets in a box. But I think the Efke IR sheets are already that much. Not the roll film though.

Shooter
    35mm
    As much as I use IR film, $20 for a 35mm, 36exp roll would be ok, The other films the 25/25/100 like I said, up to around $15 a roll since it is such a special emulsion wouldn't be out of the question. Now with that said, what would that do to those who use that stuff exclusively for that special look?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin