Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,535   Posts: 1,544,078   Online: 1120

Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 192324252627282930313233343539 ... LastLast

Thread: Fotokemika ...

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    This thread is getting more and more depressing.

I'm going to pin my hopes on ADOX being able to come out with something similar to the CHS line they are currently selling. In the meantime I am putting in a bulk order of the CHS 50.

I feel your pain on the depressing thread thing. I'm trying hard not to lose my wits entirely by dropping $2,000 on a film and paper order.

I did discover something interesting today though. While perusing the Fotoimpex price sheet (big PDF) I found two listings for ADOX CHS 100 in 120. One was followed by the phrase, "made in Germany." The description talks about the improvements made to the spooling and wrapping of the film. The statement goes on to say that if this product, which is about .80€ more per roll, was met with acceptance, they would start spooling (making?) the 50 & 25 speed films there as well. Perhaps there is hope.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    As much as I use IR film, $20 for a 35mm, 36exp roll would be ok, The other films the 25/25/100 like I said, up to around $15 a roll since it is such a special emulsion wouldn't be out of the question. Now with that said, what would that do to those who use that stuff exclusively for that special look?
    I personally wouldn't pay that for the non-IR, but then I've never used them so I'm not addicted. I'm also very happy with Pan-F, FP-4, Tri-X and TMY-2 (and can replace the last two with HP5 if need be.) Oh and TMZ and Delta 3200 though I could do with just the latter though I like TMZ slightly better so for now I use it in 35mm.

But I would pay $2/sheet of 8x10 and proportionately more for larger sizes of Arista Silver Artist. It's not for that many of my shots but when it fits it would be worth it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The word is that PWT paper is whats next for Adox as Mirko already wrote in this thread.
    I have no doubt there will be film replacements to the current CHS line and the long awaited pan 400 film should see the light soon, also pan 100 was announced that is worked on last year..., so no need to worry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > CHS 100 in 120. One was followed by the phrase, "made in Germany.

"Made in Germany" ist spooling and packaging. The masterrolls came from Efke.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    35mm
    Is there anyboby here, maybe Fotoimpex itself, who can gimme an explaination about why I cannot order any Adox CHS material from Ars-Imago (the Fotoimpex local distributor in Italy, Rome) but I have to order directly from Fotoimpex itself?
    Notice that I was able to order any ADOX CHS from Ars-Imago until yesterday...
    Last edited by Alessandro Serrao; 08-29-2012 at 05:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I just ordered 200 sheets of IR820 in 4x5, that is all I can do this time around, been a super expensive year for stocking up on film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Well I just ordered 200 sheets of IR820 in 4x5, that is all I can do this time around, been a super expensive year for stocking up on film!
    Isn't IR film more susceptible to fog, even when stored frozen?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    +1 - My latest order of Efke 25 just arrived and I will be unable to buy anymore film until after Xmas!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    Isn't IR film more susceptible to fog, even when stored frozen?
    I have heard that, but so far, have not experienced it and I live at 8,000 feet. All my 400 speed and infrared is frozen in a dedicated unit with no food, I keep a large film xray bag over the top of it all, not sure if it does diddly or not.

For example, about two hours ago I developed a roll of David Romano re-spool of 70mm HIE / Aerographic 2424 that I shot in my Hasselblad on and off from early Fall last year finishing with the Winter X-Games. When I was not shooting the roll, I double ziplock bagged the film back and stuck it in the freezer until I used it again, even the shot rolls live in the freezer until I am ready to soup....

The film I just developed that was spooled in 2003 and probably was coated at least ten years ago is absolutely perfect with no real sign of base fog, just the same as my 11/2009 35mm HIE, about the same as HP5 overall.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I finally got into my freezer last nite and I was wrong about the Rollei Pan 25 label. It simply said "Made in Europe". Apparently a generic package. Guess if I want real Efke 25 I should order it in the real Efke green box! Otherwise, don't know what I'll get. On more damn film I gotta stockpile.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin