Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,055   Online: 1026

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Fotokemika ...

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Emaks and Varycon papers are great stuff. I haven't used them for years though, since they aren't available in Sweden anymore. It's sad to see them vanish from the market.

The Efke films are popular and it's a relief that FK will continue to make them. There has been talk over the years about moving the production back to Germany and Adox, so these emulsions will probably still be made even if FK decides to quit.
    J. Patric DahlÚn

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yesterday I read at the Adox/Fotoimpex Forum site that Mirko Boeddecker ( the Boss ! ) has been aware of the problems. He doesn't want to phrase the problem in the same way that has been done so far. Right now the factory is closed due to summer vacation but in about two weeks time he will visit them to see what can be done. All this according to my own school-German translation. I enclose a link to the Forum post and in the mean time you can start looking for your old German gramar and dictionary.

Karl-Gustaf

http://forum.fotoimpex.de/index.php?showtopic=2589
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,

I just called Fotokemika (I am Croatian btw) and talk to them. It is true, paper production is over. For film production still nothing is certain - it is possible that all factory will go down .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lets hope for the best!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I need that EFKE film!!!
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just FYI, but EFKE emulsions in many cases derive from EK and Agfa formulas, as there was a lot of Kodak and Agfa influence in the war years and before. These can be duplicated from the war time papers such as the BIOS reports.

There are pages of B&W and color formulas that are equivalent to those used by EFKE for some products and others are published in some detail by Baker, and refined versions are given in my book.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To clarify EFKE B&W formulae were the successors to "Dr C. Schleussner Fotowerke GmbHm" who's company was bought by Dupont and later the plant was bought by Fotokemia/EFKE who made the emulsions initially under lecence.

Forte however was the post WWII state owned company that evolved from the pre-War Kodak plant which was a subsidiary of Kodak Ltd in the UK.

After WWII the Eastern block manufacturers shared Agfa technology for colour films. The Adox B&W materials were streets ahead of Kodak's emulsions when they were released in the early 1950's

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    There are pages of B&W and color formulas that are equivalent to those used by EFKE for some products and others are published in some detail by Baker, and refined versions are given in my book.

PE
    Sighhh. If Efke does go down I guess I will just have to learn how to coat my own film. I do enjoy working with their black and white films, particularly their ISO 25 films.

Even more important though, I do hate to see people who make such a nice product put out of work. Much as I hate to lose the film, those people, like the many at Kodak, really are the ones who will be hurt the most by all of this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Even more important though, I do hate to see people who make such a nice product put out of work. Much as I hate to lose the film, those people, like the many at Kodak, really are the ones who will be hurt the most by all of this.
    Very well put. Last time I was in Samobor, they were kind enough to provide me with a small packet of high-grade photographic gelatin without any worries about import fees, taxes, etc etc.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I also will miss Fotokemika. We traveled to Samobor to do testing of my matrix film emulsion, and stayed a week. They were very gracious hosts. During the day, they produced test film, and we ran some matrix tests. After work Leon would show us around Zagreb. We visited his brother at his art studio which was really interesting. We had some great multi-course meals and good comradeship with everyone working on the project. My best to Leon and everyone else at Fotokemika.

Regards - Jim Browning

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin