Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,866   Online: 896

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 202425262728293031323334353640 ... LastLast

Thread: Fotokemika ...

Shooter
    35mm
    so all after all Efke is almost dead? selling film in bulk is not an option, too?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I doubt one could answer that in a worldwide way, some dealers might be running low stock by now, its been a month already..
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.g View Post
    so all after all Efke is almost dead? selling film in bulk is not an option, too?

Shooter
    35mm
    Mirko, if you read this, what is the relation between you and Efke? And what are the odds that ADOX/Fotoimpex will be able to continue providing EFKE film, even if in bulk rolls only?
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And what are the odds that ADOX/Fotoimpex will be able to continue providing EFKE film, even if in bulk rolls only?
    Well if you read the thread you will see that we canīt sell anything that is not made anymore.
    Confectioning is not the issue. Making money in making film in general is.
    On the other hand I have seen some numbers on page 28 which are on the other end of the scale.
    We do not intend to sell a roll of film at 20$. Between the current price of 3,50 EUR and 20$ there is a lot of room.
    The consumers are very strong in the photographic market. They push prices via the dealers to the manufacturers to the limit.
    In order to sustain a business everyone has to make some money. Efke would have needed by far less than 20$ per roll to go on.

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 08-30-2012 at 09:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    Is there anyboby here, maybe Fotoimpex itself, who can gimme an explaination about why I cannot order any Adox CHS material from Ars-Imago (the Fotoimpex local distributor in Italy, Rome) but I have to order directly from Fotoimpex itself?
    Notice that I was able to order any ADOX CHS from Ars-Imago until yesterday...
    It is very simple: efke canceled all outstanding orders. The stock we have left is insufficient for dealer size orders now. Freight costs will be too high.
    But we look ahead into the future and at Photokina we will already present a new pricelist for new products to come which then will be available through our dealers as usual.
    This all happened very fast.

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 08-30-2012 at 09:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.fotoimpex.de/shop/filme-f...nch11x14-inch/

Tell me why I can't buy this product? This link to the page was copied just now.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Well if you read the thread you will see that we canīt sell anything that is not made anymore.
    Confectioning is not the issue. Making money in making film in general is.
    On the other hand I have seen some numbers on page 28 which are on the other end of the scale.
    We do not intend to sell a roll of film at 20$. Between the current price of 3,50 EUR and 20$ there is a lot of room.
    The consumers are very strong in the photographic market. They push prices via the dealers to the manufacturers to the limit.
    In order to sustain a business everyone has to make some money. Efke would have needed by far less than 20$ per roll to go on.

Mirko
    That was probably me, because I said I'd pay $20 for a roll of IR. And I would - occasionally. Maybe 2-3 rolls a year. I wouldn't even think of paying that much for a conventional film when I'm happy with Tri-X and the offerings from Ilford, and occasionally Foma. But if, IF, I really liked a film and thought it offered something those films didn't, then I'd pay more for it. Not $20 (Infrared is a special case - there's very little alternative) and it's hard to say how much. For one thing, 35mm costs more than 120 already and I tend to think in terms of 120 since I don't shoot much 35mm in black and white. But when I do, I often shoot TMZ for which I already pay $10 a roll. If another film did something I thought was unique I feel safe in saying I'd pay the $10 for it, because I already do. In 120 probably the most expensive films I buy are still a bit under $6. I'd pay $10 for one that was different and special.

Not having used the Efke films I certainly can't say I would. But some people here love them, and if they were that good, I would. That's all I'm saying - if you make something unique in the market, or substantially better, people will pay more for it. If it's just another pretty good film then it must compete in price with similar good films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > Tell me why I can't buy this product?

This is an Efke film, as all CHS films are.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post

Mirko
    Cut out the middle man and sell direct online. Negotiate a volume deal with DHL or UPS and make sure the shipping conditions and prices for the customers are reflected in the prices of the products.

I can't buy EFKE locally anyway, no stores in my area carries it, so I used to get it online from Germany.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Kodak films are optimized to use less raw materials, get them cheaper compared to EFKE or any of the smaller manufacturers.
    A customer expect EFKE to be price competitive to Kodak - in a sense work more for less profit.
    EFKE exit photo biz and start using their machines/whatever for products that wont hold them on their knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    ...If it's just another pretty good film then it must compete in price with similar good films.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin