Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,374   Online: 1100

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 273132333435363738394041424347 ... LastLast

Thread: Fotokemika ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    Do you call it a proper website?

Apart from their News pages apparently not being updated properly, for being a CORPORATE website, absolutely!, I've definitively seen a bunch of cases that are a lot worse...
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    If you want to see how antiquated the EFKE plant is/was then look for Jim Brownlow's images he shot at the factory when they made & coated his Dye transfer film.
    Who? I spent maybe 20 mins googling Jim Brownlow and didnt get too far??? Does this Brownlow gentleman post here? Are these pictures in the Gallery here?
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This has been all been very bad news, not least of course for the Fotokemika staff in Croatia. I for one am going to sadly miss the Adox Fine Print Vario Classic which I’ve been using a lot in the last few years. While the MCC may technically be a better paper in regards a fuller range of contrast, (and another one I like), for me personally, Fine Print has/had a very special tonality, and was quite pliable with different developers for print tone. Really good for detailed shadows. A recent commission was to print a lot of work for a client from the early 70s (5x4 portraits) which had to be sympathetic to original prints done at the time. Worked perfectly. However, in the UK was difficult to get ready supplies and think I ended up buying all the available 12x16 paper from UK suppliers just for one job. However, always a bit nervous of every batch as they do tend to differ in exposure and contrast.

Will be missed Mirko. Good luck with all your other and forthcoming products!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    Fotokemika was plagued with qc problems but it seems people forgot it.
    I will not miss Fotokemika's Efke...
    I had some problems with Efke 25 film (adox CHS 25), mostly I got many white spots after developing, but when I changed the water on destiled, all spots have gone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lecep View Post
    Hello PE. This is interesting, do you know if this is the case of Foma films too?
    I have no idea. Sorry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Who? I spent maybe 20 mins googling Jim Brownlow and didnt get too far??? Does this Brownlow gentleman post here? Are these pictures in the Gallery here?
    Sorry, my mistake it's Jim Browning who goes by the name Dyetransfer here on APUG

Here's the photos on APUG.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just bought the last 4 50 sheets CHS 50 5x7" (and 1 50 sheets CHS 25 5x7") from FotoImpex, Berlin - probably just to make sure that at least some of my prints are made from this quite famous emulsion.

/Bertil

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post

If so that makes it much worse. I really like MCC 110. (
    Roger, MCC 110 WAS the Bomb!

I can't believe a superior product like that is up and gone. I wonder if Fotokemika (Efke? - or whoever is going under) was managing their business properly. Something doesn't seem right.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    Roger, MCC 110 WAS the Bomb!

I can't believe a superior product like that is up and gone. I wonder if Fotokemika (Efke? - or whoever is going under) was managing their business properly. Something doesn't seem right.
    It isn't and won't be gone. I'm not sure where in the 37 pages Mirko explained, but MCC and MCP are coated in Germany and are just fine. It's the Adox Vario papers that were coated by Fotokemika and will be gone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

So, I suspect a decline in FB paper and then RC paper, encouraging people to move to a hybrid process where they print using a digital printer.

PE
    No! Over my dead body.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin