Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,209   Online: 852

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Fotokemika ...

Shooter
    35mm
    I think its worth noting, that Efke was the only manufacturer who produced what would be considered a "true" IR film. Kodak abandoned us years ago. Don't forget that this is the same kodak that eliminated their E-6 line, and is trying to sell off their film division, even though its a money maker.

Right now, I am not a Kodak fan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak is NOT selling the film division AFAIK. Parts of EK have been sold and the name Kodak can now be licensed for imaging products... etc.

I just searched the database of Kodak news for any changes.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    IIRC (PE, please correct me if I'm wrong) Kodak is looking to sell the marketing-of-still-film division to a third party. They would retain the manufacturing of the film but it would be marketed by someone else.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no information on that.

Sorry..

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    IIRC the sale of part of the film business was a consequence of the difficulties in finding a buyer for the patent portfolio.

Now that the patent portfolio has been sold it might be that there is no more any necessity to sell part of the film business, as planned.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As far as my database shows, they have not sold, nor do they plan on selling the film business.

But, that said, there is still a lot of volatility there.

PE

Shooter
    127 Format
    At the rate Kodak is abandoning film products there won't be any 'film business' left to sell.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seems to me that some other companies have done this too. After all, what is this thread about?

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    They're hardly abandoning film at all. What they've done is put their best foot forward. They've got
    their finest, most versatile color neg and b&w films ever. Maybe not as big a selection as in the old
    days - but financial common sense favors reengineering toward greater versatility and less redundancy. Yeah, some people are disappointed that they stopped making chrome film; but they do have to pick and choose which battles they can realistically win. I'd far rather see a sustainable
    small selection of really good film than an unustainable big selection of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    As far as my database shows, they have not sold, nor do they plan on selling the film business.

But, that said, there is still a lot of volatility there.

PE
    PE

As I understand it, the Film Business (excluding the Motion Picture Film business) is included in the "Personalized Imaging" business referred to in these two press releases:

http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Kodak_..._Emergence.htm

and

http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Kodak_...uring_Plan.htm

It doesn't include the actual manufacture of the film - just the marketing.

I can't put my hands on the original announcement at this time.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin