Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,448   Online: 715

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3842434445464748

Thread: Fotokemika ...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, the link is that Fotokemika once coated slide films. Those were the days...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    So, how are colour slide film sales connected to Fotokemika? Time to open another thread I suggest...
    In the general sense of the declining market for film, Fotokimeka's demise lead to discussion of Kodak which lead to discussion of Kodak abandoning slide film already and my comment about how little of it was reportedly sold at one major North American supplier. Do try to keep up.

Slavish devotion to the original topic of a thread I have always considered a prime example of Emerson's hobgoblin.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    One adapts, simply because there is no option.
    Such true words.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Well, the link is that Fotokemika once coated slide films. Those were the days...
    Wasn't it CT18-process emulsion from Wolfen?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, not from Wolfen. Furthermore there are no reports about any cooperation between Fotokemika and Orwo.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by darkroom_rookie View Post
    Wasn't it CT18-process emulsion from Wolfen?
    I used some "Efkecolor Spektar 100" 35mm color negative some years ago. I have one of the rainbow-colored cartons in front of me and it says, in tiny letters, "Made in Cooperation with Japanese Company". Process was "C-41 or FC-60", expiry July 1995. IIRC, the film looked a lot like a Konica product?

Interestingly, every carton has an individual tiny sticky label altering "Fotokemika, Zagreb-Yugoslavia" to "Fotokemika, Zagreb-Croatia". A little bit of history and politics coming in there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    See ebay seller xkaes for "Al Spoil film slitter -- cut any film down to any size"

Same seller as listed in post #423. I have bought from him and it is fine.
    I also bought one, but with a twist: I told him to make it wide enough to slit 105mm microfiche stock down to 122 size.

He didn't blink an eye, just told me it would take a bit longer to have it made up. Didn't even charge me extra.

Still trying to figure out who in heck Al Spoil was, though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin