Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,196   Online: 826

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

After more than 10 years away, I SHOT FILM today!

Wow...I still cant believe it. I dove back into the film world, buying a Fujifilm GA645 today. Not an entirely smooth path so far as I found a (hopefully small) problem with the camera after I got home (see thread in equipment forum).

Still, I hope it is a minor problem and I can shoot lots of film now. I bought 5 rolls to test out the camera, 1 Kodak Porta, 2 Ilford HP5's and two Fujifilm Reala. I've shot 3 rolls and only have 2 left. Tomorrow I get one roll back and if it looks good, I am going to load up on a LOT of film.

I just hope the problem with the camera (mode selecting dial seems flaky, strange results sometimes when flipping through the apertures, almost random, not sequential) is not serious. That will be a big rain on my parade!

Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome back !

I look forward to seeing pictures from your GA645
    All the best,
    Rom

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Wow...I still cant believe it. I dove back into the film world, buying a Fujifilm GA645 today. Not an entirely smooth path so far as I found a (hopefully small) problem with the camera after I got home (see thread in equipment forum).

Still, I hope it is a minor problem and I can shoot lots of film now. I bought 5 rolls to test out the camera, 1 Kodak Porta, 2 Ilford HP5's and two Fujifilm Reala. I've shot 3 rolls and only have 2 left. Tomorrow I get one roll back and if it looks good, I am going to load up on a LOT of film.

I just hope the problem with the camera (mode selecting dial seems flaky, strange results sometimes when flipping through the apertures, almost random, not sequential) is not serious. That will be a big rain on my parade!
    Congrats!

I know your joy.

Have fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    Welcome back !

I look forward to seeing pictures from your GA645

Thanks.....I have not figured out how I'll get them on line so no idea why I'll be able to share them. But I'll be shooting. The lab may do scans, but I'm not sure the quality level. That's ok...prints are what I am after. This lab still does optical prints by hand. Truly a dying breed so I want to enjoy that while I can.

For now I'm in the testing phase.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner6 View Post
    Congrats!

I know your joy.

Have fun.
    Thank you!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Outstanding! Your patience is admirable. Like how you researched a lot what to get and now you are here months later. Hope that camera issue is mere noise that doest affect your photographic process. Great story and congrats!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Outstanding! Your patience is admirable. Like how you researched a lot what to get and now you are here months later. Hope that camera issue is mere noise that doest affect your photographic process. Great story and congrats!
    Thanks Andy. I'm a former Chicagoan now living in Shanghai China. I miss the Windy City on occasion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome back. I hope the problem is a minor one.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Enjoy! I hope you work those issues out quickly! To get them online you're going to need a scanner of some sort. The Epson V700 is the top of the line but I have the V600 ... its half the price but works great. There are others but if you're going to spend money go flat bed. Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cepwin View Post
    Enjoy! I hope you work those issues out quickly! To get them online you're going to need a scanner of some sort. The Epson V700 is the top of the line but I have the V600 ... its half the price but works great. There are others but if you're going to spend money go flat bed. Good luck!
    Thank you very much.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin