Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,834   Online: 1119

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Shooter
    35mm
    I read the article that was linked to. It is utter baloney that Digital projection is indistinguishable from 35mm. At the distances I usually sit from the screen when I go see a movie (the 1st 10 rows), I can see the individual pixels quite easily. That's not the case with 35mm projection. Heck, I can see individual pixels from a digital projector in our smallish conference room even from clear across the room. Digital projection sucks. Triple the resolution of the average projector and you might have something close to 35mm.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    ... But it is a great life to live daily, the photographic one. Between the time I posted the reply about 45K images and now, my wife and I took a drive up a 14 mile 4wd drive road, hiked from 10,150 feet to 12,400 in 3.6 miles, put a camera with an underwater housing in a lake filled with golden trout and nailed a last minute request for a fly fishing article.....

......film and photography are alive and well, good night...
    But it also doesn't hurt that you live where you do too.

Steve

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Our local theatre went digi last week:

http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/155358

My wife and I went and saw Argo on Celluloid before the transition.....damn this is going to happen fast....
    Yes, it's quite a fast process.
    My local cinema (has 8 theaters) partly went digital with 2 of it's theaters becoming Digital/3D 2 or 3 years ago; until recently. I remember going a few months back, look into the projection window, and see the projector and a strip of celluloid running next into it. Nowadays it's just a projector that looks like a box... I don't remember the last movie I saw in film, but in less than a month I began to see all of the projectors being boxy (digital)...

Seems to be a distributor thing, they are pushing for digital for their profits; difficult for small cinemas... For the consumer as well. The price has risen 50 euro cents in that month or two... For weekend and holidays, they charge 7.70 (before 7.20) € (10 bucks) And Spanish consumers mostly think about it twice.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin