Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,652   Online: 906

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, not all commercial film is uniformly wonderful to everyone either. But the greater the variety you have available to you, the more likely you are to find one to your taste.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It'll be around. And there will probably still be some slide and negative material, made by Rollei. If Kodak and Fuji cease production, I expect another company like Foma to try and come out with a color film to capitalize on the lack of competition. And i'm confident that we'll always have Ilford, so I wouldn't worry.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    I expect another company like Foma to try and come out with a color film to capitalize on the lack of competition.
    That would be a good niche market too, especially if they had a licensing agreement with the lomography guys.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    ... the lomography guys.
    Are they a coherent business entity? I always thought the reference to "lomo guys" was like calling a computer science person a 'computer geek'.

Shooter
    35mm

Computer Geeks

Funny you should say that. There's a local (to me) business called "Nerds on Call."
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    Funny you should say that. There's a local (to me) business called "Nerds on Call."
    Apparently they're good in sticky situations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As long as there is an APUG (meaning a group of individuals buying the product) the product will exist. The manufacturers will come and go, the emulsions will wane and wax, but there will be at least a small selection of films, papers, and chemicals to buy. And as others have mentioned, we can always make our own D-76 and emulsions. Certainly paper and glass aren't going anywhere.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^Well said
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A lot of people here talk about making their own film if it should come to that. I know nothing about this so have to ask, for what type of camera can you make your own film? 35mm? 120? larger? That seems VERY complicated, but then again, I dont know much about this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    To ask a question like this on a forum that's devoted entirely to film photography is like walking into a church and enquiring where the nearest mosque is.
    The analogy is flawed. If you asked people at the Marie Guyart Roman Catholic Chapel on the campus of Laval University in Québec, Canada, they would direct you to the Cardinal Newman Hall in the Chapel basement.

For over 30 years, the Hall has been used every Friday as a mosque by the University's Muslim students and professors.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin