Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,689   Online: 726

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HYDROQUINONE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was with EK for 32 years. And, yes I hate to see them go down, especially the way it is taking place. It is now about 8 PM, and I have not had a drop!

Well, to coffee and fruit juice count?

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I was with EK for 32 years. And, yes I hate to see them go down, especially the way it is taking place. It is now about 8 PM, and I have not had a drop!

Well, to coffee and fruit juice count?

PE
    Coffee and juice can be liquored up nicely so yes, they count.

32 years...wow. Regardless of what happens to Kodak, they cant take away what you accomplished and what your efforts gave to the photographic world.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many deviations from this original d76formula have been proposed over the years. A recent suggestion, by Haist is to justomit hydroquinone and raise metol tohope this helps 2.5 g, creating D-76H, an environmentally friendly and more stable developer,sometimes called d76H.a simple but effective alterationby someonewho probably knows best.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    You cannot just substitute ascorbic acid for hydroquinone. .
    correct!I TRIED IT AND FAILED MISERABLY,JUST AS YOU SAID. DEVELOPER FORMULATION IS A COMPLEX SUBJECT.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Many deviations from this original d76formula have been proposed over the years. A recent suggestion, by Haist is to justomit hydroquinone and raise metol tohope this helps 2.5 g, creating D-76H, an environmentally friendly and more stable developer,sometimes called d76H.a simple but effective alterationby someonewho probably knows best.
    Actually D76 was published around the same time (maybe slightly after) as another Eastman Kodak fine grain film developer which bears a remarkable reemblance to Haist's suggested formula with no Hydroquinone, in fact it's most likely the one he allides to.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    here on APUB
    This place is sort of like a pub.
    Mostly friendly and jovial, lots of discussion, some disagreements, some arguments, some risque' humor, some dirty jokes, some clean jokes, some witticisms; a few who think they're funnier than they are, a few who think they're smarter than they are, some who are all talk, a know-it-all or two, an obnoxious jerk or two, a few who arrive clearly drunk; a couple of professorial types, some really smart non-professorial types, some young ones to whom it's all new, some who sit off in a corner and watch the goings on with amusement, lots of just regular folks; and through it all, the overworked, underpaid help, who try to keep a semblance of order, and the overworked, underpaid owner, who just wants to keep the fun flowing, but ends up spending most of his time keeping up the building.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love the analogy to a pub. The last real pub I was in was the White Hart on Drury Lane in London.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    This place is sort of like a pub.
    Mostly friendly and jovial, lots of discussion, some disagreements, some arguments, some risque' humor, some dirty jokes, some clean jokes, some witticisms; a few who think they're funnier than they are, a few who think they're smarter than they are, some who are all talk, a know-it-all or two, an obnoxious jerk or two, a few who arrive clearly drunk; a couple of professorial types, some really smart non-professorial types, some young ones to whom it's all new, some who sit off in a corner and watch the goings on with amusement, lots of just regular folks; and through it all, the overworked, underpaid help, who try to keep a semblance of order, and the overworked, underpaid owner, who just wants to keep the fun flowing, but ends up spending most of his time keeping up the building.
    100% spot on!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin