Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,610   Online: 977

Shooter
    35mm

Camera Store coming to Springfield, IL

Just heard on the Springfield NPR affiliate, WUIS, that a stand-alone camera store is coming to Springfield, Illinois. The camera store is a chain based in Creve Coeur, Missouri, called "Creve Coeur Camera."

It's been more than ten years since there's been a stand-alone camera store in Springfield. I realize that they sell mostly that other kind of camera, but they have a pretty good selection of used cameras, and they have a selection of film that's comparable if not a little better than the camera shops in Bloomington and Peoria. They even have Ilford! Sadly, they only have one kind of slide film, Velvia 100F, however the prices are only a couple dollars higher than from the big two in NYC.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ME Super, that is super that a stand alone camera store is opening. Support them with your film purchases. By the time you pay for shipping from NYC, you might as well buy locally. I finally visited BlueMoon Photo and Machine(machine being typewriters) while I was in Portland, Oregon. Geez, talk about film cameras and analogue! My brother and sister were with me and claimed I wasn't responsive to the statements...that I was kind of...like a stranger. Had my wife been there I probably wouldn't have noticed her...well maybe if she were on fire I had some E-6 processing done...excellent and bought some Harman DP paper. This place is like stepping back in time. All you PDX film shooters, I envy you. Continue to support them.

Shooter
    35mm
    The new store is supposed to open in October. I'm going to ask them if they develop film as well. For the right price I'd rather have someone local do it. The last local shop I had soup some E-6 for me advertised it as $9.99/roll on their web site, then charged me $13 for it when I went in to pick it up, so I'm hoping that's not the case with these guys.

If you want to look at their website, it's http://www.cccamera.com/.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I dont get down south much, but when we vist the Capital with the kids, will have to look this up. Thanks!
    Andy

Images
    Good Morning, ME Super,

We've had a Crevecoeur Camera outlet here in Edwardsville for a couple of years. It's great for the really basic darkroom items (several sizes and kinds of Ilford paper are stocked), but, beyond that, it's very limited. 4 x 5 film?? No way. LPD developer?? Yes, previously, but not last week. Ilford fixer?? Yes. Kodak Rapid fixer?? No. Kodak powdered chemicals?? Yes. Overall, it's very handy and has saved me a number of trips to St. Louis.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    They don't have 4x5 listed on their web site either. And I'll probably continue to order my color film from NYC because they have a better selection of slide film. For B&W (I want to try some IR photography but am leaning toward the Rollei IR400 for that) they have the Ilford SFX, as well as HP4+, HP5+, as well as Delta 100, 400, and 3200 on the web site. The Ilford line is completely unavailable to me locally except for the store that will be opening in Springfield.

#Correction - they have three 35mm slide films - Provia 100f, 400x, and Velvia 100F. So maybe there is hope for this shop (and this slide shooter!)

I've been communicating with Doug on their Facebook page and they also develop and mount slide film, so I may have access to reasonably priced slide developing in my area other than Wal-Mart!!
    ME Super

Shoot more film.

Shooter
    35mm

Update

Creve Coeur Camera's Springfield store just opened today. They have the stuff that Konical mentioned, and their prices aren't bad for a local shop. Not as cheap as NYC, but definitely worth it if you're in a hurry and can't wait for the UPS guy.

I stopped in today and got a roll of 36 exp. HP5+. With tax it was a bit over $8. I've priced their E-6 developing, and it's a bit more than the local superstore that sells a little of everything but never has what you want, but is significantly faster. The gentleman behind the counter said E-6 turns around in about a week (4 business days) and B&W in 2 business days, but to allow an extra day for the courier to get it from Springfield to St. Louis.

If you're in Central Illinois, you really should check out this store!

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Creve Coeur Camera in any way, just a customer.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is interesting. Now that all of the Ritz/Wolf stores are closed, I wonder if there will be more of this in large metro areas?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin