Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,547   Posts: 1,573,012   Online: 868

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 123456781252 ... LastLast
    Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Film is not part of this sale and almost all B&W is considered Commercial Film:

Kodak noted that in addition to the commercial, packaging and functional printing and enterprise services businesses, it also continues to own and operate the Consumer Inkjet, Entertainment Imaging, Commercial Film and Specialty Chemicals businesses, given the company’s expertise, capabilities and strong customer relationships in these markets, as well as their combined cash-generating capability.

Taken from: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kodak-...200600489.html
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kehler View Post
    Film is not part of this sale and almost all B&W is considered Commercial Film:

Kodak noted that in addition to the commercial, packaging and functional printing and enterprise services businesses, it also continues to own and operate the Consumer Inkjet, Entertainment Imaging, Commercial Film and Specialty Chemicals businesses, given the company’s expertise, capabilities and strong customer relationships in these markets, as well as their combined cash-generating capability.

Taken from: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kodak-...200600489.html
    So why is Kodak Professional on Facebook saying the opposite?

"Kodak Professional: Yes, the full still film line, including PORTRA, EKTAR and TRI-X falls within the Personal Imaging Business."

https://www.facebook.com/kodakprofessional

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What do you make of this part of the same article you linked to, Kevin, in particular the part I emphasized?

The Personalized Imaging business consists of Retail Systems Solutions (RSS), Paper & Output Systems (P&OS) and Event Imaging Solutions (EIS). RSS is the worldwide leader in retail print solutions with a global footprint of 105,000 KODAK Picture Kiosks; P&OS includes the broadest portfolio of traditional photographic paper and still camera film products; and EIS provides souvenir photo products at theme parks and other venues. The Document Imaging business provides a leading and comprehensive portfolio of scanners, capture software and services to enterprise customers.
    Which traditional paper and still film products are referred to? I would think that B&W would be part of that.

I figured the commercial film products referred to movie film. I'd be happy for some clarification.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Doest sound like they will keep still film

From the Business Wire article:
    Accordingly, the company has initiated sale processes for its market-leading Personalized Imaging and Document Imaging businesses.
    The Personalized Imaging business consists of Retail Systems Solutions (RSS), Paper & Output Systems (P&OS) and Event Imaging Solutions (EIS). RSS is the worldwide leader in retail print solutions with a global footprint of 105,000 KODAK Picture Kiosks; P&OS includes the broadest portfolio of traditional photographic paper and still camera film products
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Who cares what Kodak does nowadays. Lots of other film to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kevin that is what I thought but the next paragraph states
    The Personalized Imaging business consists of Retail Systems Solutions (RSS), Paper & Output Systems (P&OS) and Event Imaging Solutions (EIS). RSS is the worldwide leader in retail print solutions with a global footprint of 105,000 KODAK Picture Kiosks; P&OS includes the broadest portfolio of traditional photographic paper and still camera film products; and EIS provides souvenir photo products at theme parks and other venues. The Document Imaging business provides a leading and comprehensive portfolio of scanners, capture software and services to enterprise customers.
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...sful-Emergence
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Who cares what Kodak does nowadays. Lots of other film to use.
    The rest of us do. Now go sit in the corner!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This post by Kodak film and paper PR rep Colleen Krenzer on RFF is aimed squarely at the still film user:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...38#post1950538

Now it gets real interesting....
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Oh well..I got plenty of Tri-X, but honestly, I am a lot more preoccupied about what and when to shoot, than what to shoot it with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    The rest of us do. Now go sit in the corner!
    +1
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 123456781252 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin