Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,444   Online: 1004

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    maybe polaroid can buy it ..

I hope FUJIFILM can buy Kodak's film.

Shooter
    35mm
    All - sorry I didn't post here as well (I posted on RFF). I work with Kodak's PR agency and my name is Colleen Krenzer. I'll post here what I posted to the RFF site as I do want to have the same information out there. I will caveat this with the process was just initiated today, I work specifically with the film and paper groups and as such, am not involved in the corporate area and therefore, am not privy to all the latest information. That said, I will try my best.

Today, the company announced that is initiating the sales processes for the Personalized Imaging and Document Imaging businesses, which include the still film and P&OS businesses. Some key points.

1. Kodak will continue to manufacture all its products during this time.
    2. As Kodak moves forward with the potential transition of these businesses to new ownership, it will ensure that customers continue to have the same products, services and support that they currently receive from Kodak.
    3. As it has done with previous businesses that it has sold (e.g. Carestream), Kodak will ensure that the potential buyers shares its commitment to serving customers.

As much as I can, I will share updates with you, on behalf of the company. http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...sful-Emergence

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    So they are selling off the remaining flagship products and keeping movie, graphic arts and x-ray film? Guess that tells us where the money is. Don't forget about x-ray films - millions of dollars there.

(AFAIK, they still coat the x-ray film that is then sold by Carestream.)
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    So they are selling off the remaining flagship products and keeping movie, graphic arts and x-ray film? Guess that tells us where the money is. Don't forget about x-ray films - millions of dollars there.

(AFAIK, they still coat the x-ray film that is then sold by Carestream.)

Film X-rays wont last long. Digital is more and more common. My kids had a set of x-rays done by the dentist recently and they were all digital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    I'd bet they could but they already have the all tools they need to make film.

The only value I see for Fujifilm in buying Kodak's film division is to own the color film market outright.

It seems to me that at least for color film that could easily become a reality, even if they didn't buy Kodak.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bwfans View Post
    When APUGgers unite and buy up all the Kodak film and put it in the freezers, do they become the biggest hoarder group on the planet for the Kodak film?

We are not beating hoarders, instead we are becoming hoarders ourselves .
    Sirius humor strikes again...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Bad idea. Fuji just keep discontinuing films. We would certainly have reduced film and paper diversity if Fuji were to buy Kodak's film and paper business.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If anything it's a good thing: maybe now the remnants will be handled by a company who knows how to handle film and its users.
    Instead of the total joke Kodak has been in the last 15 years!
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Film X-rays wont last long. Digital is more and more common.
    Sure they will. Onex/Carestream didn't buy that whole market from Kodak just to have it go T-U after just a few years. Film x-rays are cheap and can be done with equipment that has been in place for the last 25 years (or more) and fully depreciated. I'm talking about hospital imaging, not dental office stuff. Even in it's heydey, Kodak barely paid attention to dental.

In the 1990s, Kodak PROFITS in this market were 1 to 3 billion dollars per year against three heavy-hitter competitors. Granted, I've been away from it for 15 years but everytime I've gone through a hospital in the last 5 years, which has been far too many times, everything is done on ancient, cheap x-ray gear. And I doubt the Obamacare environment is going to justify stepping up to replace all that gear with multi-megadollar digital imaging suites.

New installations will go fully digital, though. No argument there.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How and why do people see salvation in Fujifilm?
    Those who know, shoot film

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin