Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,491   Posts: 1,644,882   Online: 1120

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37414243444546474849505152 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, maybe I am mildly insane. But like I said, I wouldn't buy a ton of it. Three or four rolls a year, a few for special occasions, sure. Several rolls a month? No.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Been following this thread since it started, don't recall posting on it, though.

Let's hope that Kodak will fare well through this process and it's possible to keep the whole current range of still film. The most critical to lose are Ektar and Portra. I am a mostly colour film photography and it would be a pity to lose such materials. And what's up with Fuji now? Rather sudden and shocking "news".

I remember seeing an article linked from APUG about how film cinematography would come to an end in 2013/2014... A couple of days ago I went to the cinema and, well, 3D digital capture, and digital preojection. (Film was Abraham Lincoln, Vampire hunter). Movies look like videogames this way.

I guess if we hadn't fell into a recession, this would have happened, but in a much "softer" way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OMG, what a horrible concept for a motion picture! Poor Abe!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    OMG, what a horrible concept for a motion picture! Poor Abe!

PE
    The previews were terrible. I couldn't imagine sitting through the movie.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Speaking of Terrible, here is the link for the FujiFilm Anouncment. They say they will keep making still film....

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n120913.html
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    The official Fujifilm announcement is somehow refreshing as it confirms that still film production and archival film production can go on even without the motion picture business.

That should mean a long-term survival of still film albeit, maybe, at somehow higher prices.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It won't be the first time that film manufacturers have proclaimed from the rooftops their commitment to manufacturing film, and in the next breath discontinue half it's range of films as Fuji has recently, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin