Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,073   Online: 1026

Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38424344454647484950515253 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was no theft at the EK silver making facility. They did make their own Silver Nitrate from large bars of Silver, and this prevented theft.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    There was no theft at the EK silver making facility. They did make their own Silver Nitrate from large bars of Silver, and this prevented theft.

PE

Come on PE! Kodak did a lot but did not eliminate the human condition. Surely some Kodak person shoved a few bars of silver down their pants!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Employees were weighed at the star and end of a day! Bars were weighted and counted at every shift change!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The bars probably weighed 1000 oz. All stores that made reinforced underwear were monitored. AFAIK in the 1980's Kodak was using 125 million ounces of silver per year.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    WOW, that is roughly $10 billion dollars of silver purchased from 1980-1989! I took the avg price per ounce per year times 125,000,000

OZ Amt
    1980 $16.3 $2,037,500,000
    1981 $8.4 $1,050,000,000
    1982 $10.6 $1,325,000,000
    1983 $9.1 $1,137,500,000
    1984 $6.7 $837,500,000
    1985 $5.9 $737,500,000
    1986 $5.3 $662,500,000
    1987 $6.7 $837,500,000
    1988 $6.1 $762,500,000
    1989 $5.5 $687,500,000
    Total $10,075,000,000
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Employees were weighed at the star and end of a day! Bars were weighted and counted at every shift change!

PE
    That's awesome PE! Kodak was clearly on top of their game. If only the CEO could be watched so!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    The bars probably weighed 1000 oz. All stores that made reinforced underwear were monitored. AFAIK in the 1980's Kodak was using 125 million ounces of silver per year.
    Re-enforced underwear????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    One of the customers I have to visit a lot makes magnesium parts for the auto industry. While there I see truck after truck bringing in pallets of magnesium bars. I bet Kodak had the same thing, except with silver!! I wonder how much shrinkage there was with people grabbing bars of silver!!

Have you seen this 1958 Kodak documentary?
    At 6.40 it shows the goods train delivery of silver being unloaded. 14 tons a week of close to 100% pure silver. The video is in Dutch with English subtitles - a project done by APUG members a few years ago.

Shooter
    35mm
    This one just pop into my Mail box.. KODAK is hanging on to film manufacturing! and is exploring other related products like Fuji and AGFA have done for years...

(I see that the Link I was going to post has a link to my personal info, so I will just copy the text)

Next Steps to our Future Success
    by Kim Snyder

Last week, Kodak announced its next steps in emerging from Chapter 11 as a company primarily focused on commercial, packaging, and functional printing solutions as well as enterprise services. The company has now initiated a sales process for its market-leading Personalized Imaging and Document Imaging businesses.

So what does this mean for Entertainment Imaging and its motion picture film products and services? For clarity, I can assure you that Kodak's motion picture films are not part of this announcement and will remain with the company.

Kodak will continue to manufacture and distribute its quality line of motion picture film products. As a matter of fact, all film manufacturing will actually stay with Kodak, including that of consumer and professional still film. We will continue providing our entertainment customers with the products and support they have come to depend upon from Kodak.

In addition to manufacturing film, we are pursuing potential vertical markets that will utilize our film technologies for a variety of alternative and exciting products. This includes Functional Printing applications as well as Thin Film and Specialty Chemicals growth opportunities.

And speaking of new opportunities, based on market demand, we just announced a new color asset protection film and will be adding a black-and-white separation film to the portfolio later this year.

As I'm sure you know, Kodak has worked in partnership with Hollywood Studios for many years. We're very happy to see them show their confidence in the Kodak brand by recently signing multi year agreements with the company.

Kodak's plan for the future has a sharper focus now, and as part of that plan, our market-leading motion picture products will continue to provide the innovation and creative choices that the production and post community need.

I am happy to be able to share this news and to take this opportunity to thank all our motion picture customers who have remained so loyal throughout the last months. As Kodak continues to evolve, we are pleased to continue to offer the technology and the products that have supported this industry for over a century. As always, our global sales force is available to answer any questions you may have or to help meet your production needs.

Thank you.

Kim Snyder
    President and General Manager
    Entertainment and Commercial Films Group
    Vice President of Eastman Kodak Company
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    OK this is the page from the Kodak site...

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/About...0036/index.htm
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin