Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,529   Online: 838

Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4044454647484950515253 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From what I am getting, the packaging, distribution, and marketing of Kodak still film is what's for sale. EK will still coat the film and slit it into rolls or sheets under contract from (the hypothetical) Eastman Photo. Eastman Photo will then roll the film onto spools, put them in boxes, and ship the boxes to wholesalers and retailers. That way, EK will make its money all at once, whereas Eastman Photo will be making income in smaller increments. It is for this reason that I think Kodak's sale of their film division is strictly cash flow related; Even if they don't sell it for that much, Perez & Co. can show investors what massive cash flow they have, even if some of it is an intermittent flow.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    35mm
    Just give us the bulk rolls, that'll do fine.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    so, IT will be APUG TRIX or B&H PORTRA

aka, formerly know as...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I will buy it and bring back Panatomic-x and Kodachrome 25, oh, and Verichrome Pan as well....start queuing now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems to me that what Kodak is trying to do is get out of any part of the business that directly interfaces with the retail market - at least with respect to film.

Sort of the reverse of what they did with their photo chemistry.

I hope someone has effectively archived their technical publications.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Thread: It's offcial, Kodak is selling it's film business.
    Can we get the title of this thread changed? I can't seem to find an official statement in this thread or on the internet to verify the title of this thread to be true.

Maybe I'll start a thread:"Its Official, Kodak is keeping its film business."
    +1

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    What is "official" information today might be officially obsolete news tomorrow. There's no guarantee
    the rumor roller-coaster is over yet. These things can change like the weather.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about Kodak paper products? According to previous announcements, paper and professional and consumer still film were all part of the Personal Imaging business.

I wish Kodak would come clean and make a clear, non-conflicting statement about exactly what it is keeping and what it is selling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    What about Kodak paper products? According to previous announcements, paper and professional and consumer still film were all part of the Personal Imaging business.

I wish Kodak would come clean and make a clear, non-conflicting statement about exactly what it is keeping and what it is selling.
    Or to put it another way ...

"I wish Kodak would come clean and make a clear, non-conflicting statement about exactly what it intends to do in the future, and what it expects other entities to do."
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They will.... in time. I trust that they will. I'll bet a lot of options are still on the table.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin