Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,096   Online: 1029

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2424647484950515253 LastLast
    MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Fuji news looks more like fearmongering by some parties. Misinformed (stupid) producers seem to push digital at an unhealthy rate though.
    The industry sources could be red.com or some other digital company. No official comment by Fujifilm yet, so let's hope for the best. Neither the various Reds nor the Alexa equal film (not even super8mm) imho. BTW since when has red become a good think in the US, what happened to red = evil communists.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it may be true that there's no official comment by Fujifilm, but how often does their official comment come out after everyone notices that the emulsion is out of stock?
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If Fuji prices increase any more people will stop shooting it. I've been vocal about not quibbling when a film goes from, say, $3 a roll to $4.5, even though it's a 50% increase. But with Provia 400 being $15 a roll from some outlets and over $10 even from B&H they're getting up there to where most everyone will just not bother.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is quite an understatement, Roger. I wonder just how many rolls actually get sold at $15... I doubt that many do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dunno. I'm about to order some from B&H for $10 because I can. If it was $15 everywhere I'd still buy it for that. There's no other 400 ISO slide film available, and it's a good film. But I wouldn't buy a ton of it. I did buy 10 rolls of E100G at about $10 each when it was discontinued. But, for one thing, I'm trying to shoot a lot of slides this year while I still can, not being convinced slide film will be around for the longer haul and, for another thing, I may be slightly insane.

Not really insane of course, but I have more expensive hobbies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ummm... no comment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, maybe I am mildly insane. But like I said, I wouldn't buy a ton of it. Three or four rolls a year, a few for special occasions, sure. Several rolls a month? No.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Been following this thread since it started, don't recall posting on it, though.

Let's hope that Kodak will fare well through this process and it's possible to keep the whole current range of still film. The most critical to lose are Ektar and Portra. I am a mostly colour film photography and it would be a pity to lose such materials. And what's up with Fuji now? Rather sudden and shocking "news".

I remember seeing an article linked from APUG about how film cinematography would come to an end in 2013/2014... A couple of days ago I went to the cinema and, well, 3D digital capture, and digital preojection. (Film was Abraham Lincoln, Vampire hunter). Movies look like videogames this way.

I guess if we hadn't fell into a recession, this would have happened, but in a much "softer" way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OMG, what a horrible concept for a motion picture! Poor Abe!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    OMG, what a horrible concept for a motion picture! Poor Abe!

PE
    The previews were terrible. I couldn't imagine sitting through the movie.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin