Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,990   Online: 1044

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

It ain't Kodak but....

...I bought my 11 year old son a Fujifilm Instax camera today and 10 "rolls" of film. All this for his birthday. Another film shooter in the family. He loves it and thinks it is way better than a digital camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice! Instax (or polaroid/impossible) is fun anyway. Get'm hooked and then bring on the good stuff!
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter de Groot View Post
    Nice! Instax (or polaroid/impossible) is fun anyway. Get'm hooked and then bring on the good stuff!
    I have to admit, it is a real blast watching the film develop right in front of your eyes. I really wish Fujifilm made a serious instax camera. I'd buy it for myself real quick. The film is serious (gorgeous colors) but the cameras are toys.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    ... I really wish Fujifilm made a serious instax camera. ...
    Might I suggest a Fujifilm FP-1 camera and FP peel-apart film?
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    Might I suggest a Fujifilm FP-1 camera and FP peel-apart film?

Wow...I never heard of this camera until your post. Very interesting. I dont know much about Fuji's peel apart film. From what little I have read, it has been discontinued a lot. Down to one sole type of film?

Quite a cool looking camera! There's even one for sale here in Shanghai. Amazing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    he is right,which is no wonder with a smart parent like that!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Wow...I never heard of this camera until your post. Very interesting. I dont know much about Fuji's peel apart film. From what little I have read, it has been discontinued a lot. Down to one sole type of film?

Quite a cool looking camera! There's even one for sale here in Shanghai. Amazing.
    There are still 2 types left; the color FP-100C and the black-and-white FP-3000B. They discontinued the 4x5 versions, but the 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 versions are still in production.

Aside from the FP-1, there are a few other cameras that deliver the same manual controls for instant prints. They are the Konica Instant Press and the Polaroid models from 180-195.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    younger generation kids love these cameras -- their friends at school are blown away..an instant picture? Wow!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Who knew that instant photography was still alive and kicking
    My son had a digital until he broke it, which goes to say a lot about the digital he had.. (Canon Powershot A560 I think)...
    He was 2 when I paid $5.00 for it, and he later picked out a Pentax Espio 738... Which he loves to us.. ($5.00 again for it)..

I also gave him a Herco Imperial 620 snapshot camera, which he also seems to really like the box design (and he knows that he has to wind the film on from frame to frame and line up the numbers in the red window)..
    Plus I also gave him a Kodak Brownie Starflash 127 camera...

My wife has a Fuji Instax Mini 50s which I bought her and she loves it. Says the film is a little pricey for it (not really in my eyes) but she really likes the "instant" photography...

The film and lenses with that camera are very sharp! Really do like using it.. Scans well for enlargements!
    --------------------------------

APS, 35mm, 120, 4x5 and a Deardorff & Sons 4x5 Special under restoration.

I don't care the format, as long as it's film!

Flickr Pages - Here

Blogs - Here and Here

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bronica Polaroid back

Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    There are still 2 types left; the color FP-100C and the black-and-white FP-3000B. They discontinued the 4x5 versions, but the 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 versions are still in production.
    These two films work very well in the Polaroid back made for the Bronica SQ series although the image size is limited to 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 (6 x 6). I can scan the FP-100C prints, post-process and print them as 8 x 8 in. with surprisingly good results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin