Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,173   Online: 793

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Henning if you follow the link to the Maco-direct (german not english site) this text should have appeared,:
    Dominik
    Dominik, such a text does not appear if I click on their website.
    I remember one statement of the former Maco Photo Products CEO (he has left the company one year ago) in a German forum, in which he said the films are the same.That has been short after the introduction, if I remember it right.
    AFAIK this statement has been corrected when the first side by side comparisons were made.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dominik, thanks for the info via pm; looks like a browser problem here at me with this site.
    The statement on the German site is outdated (on the English site it has been already deleted), update necessary. I will be at Photokina this week and tell them.

Best regards,
    Henning

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The base is not bought or coated in 35mm but in larger sizes, you can use the 35mm base in medium format cameras, in LF it might become a problem. The Impex argument is BS sorry. If they said we only coat and sell 35mm because that's what people buy okay, the base argument is pardon the pun of base. Even Kentmere 100 and 400 are available in 120 size as Rollei RPX.

I am still not saying that the new Silvermax is not a new film. But I am pissed that they only offer it in 35mm.

Dominik
    Most other films available in both 35 mm and 120 size are coated on different base material. Check the technical specifications for both Kodak and Ilford films and you will find ( on those places where it is listed ) that 120 film is coated on a thinner base than 35 mm . Only selling 35 mm film makes sence if that is the base that is available. If the entire production is sold out in a month ( what a dream ! ), I am quite sure Mirko will consider both 35 mm and 120 size.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New at Photokina 2012: ADOX SILVERMAX 35mm film 135/36

This debate can be ended. Someone from Adox simply come out as say this:

"I unequivocally and definitively state that the Silvermax film is not APX100,"

Simple.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Karl Gustaf I am aware that most films are coated on bases with a different thickness for 35 and 120 I said as much in my post. Mirko claimed that they couldn't produce 120 films because of the cost for different base material and I wanted to show that it is possible to use the same base for both 35 and 120 film by coming up with examples. The base is cut after coating and not before coating. Furthermore Mirko has stated that Silvermax won't produced in any other sizes.

I also wished them success for silvermax numerous times.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Karl Gustaf I am aware that most films are coated on bases with a different thickness for 35 and 120 I said as much in my post. Mirko claimed that they couldn't produce 120 films because of the cost for different base material and I wanted to show that it is possible to use the same base for both 35 and 120 film by coming up with examples. The base is cut after coating and not before coating. Furthermore Mirko has stated that Silvermax won't produced in any other sizes.

I also wished them success for silvermax numerous times.

Dominik
    Wasn't Rollei Retro 100 and 400 cut and furnished in both 120 and 35mm size from the same base material (intended for 35mm)?
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Has anyone seen a DLog E curve for this film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laser View Post
    Has anyone seen a DLog E curve for this film?
    When one is made available, if it looks anything like the attached, then we'll know for sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails APX 100 DlogE.png  
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thomas according to the Maco Datasheet they used a different base material thickness for 35 and 120 film
    35mm = 120µm, rollfilm = 95µm, cellulose triacetate
    If I remember correctly there was a discussion on Apug about Retro having the same base in 35 and 120 and maco is known to be a little creative.

Thomas no we don't according to them it is a slightly modified APX 100, so it could share the same characteristics.

Good film A big thank you to Maco for having offered the film in 120.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Wasn't Rollei Retro 100 and 400 cut and furnished in both 120 and 35mm size from the same base material (intended for 35mm)?

Yes, that's correct. It was a 35mm master roll that had not been slit into pancakes yet. So the deal was struck to cut it into 120 size and confectioned with backing paper on spools instead of in cartridges.

I still have an unopened box of it in my freezer. (I am not a hoarder. I am not a hoarder. I am not a hoarder.)

It's just a tad finicky to get on a Patterson reel, but once you get the hang of it there's no problem, and it feeds fine in any camera I've used it in.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin