Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,390   Online: 840
      
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 202
  1. #181

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Austria
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    28
    Henning, I'm sorry to say, but as Maco itself says that the films are identical and I remember even Schroeder himself stated exactly this one time after his end of work with Maco

    But maybe it is a different batch, a batch which Harman didn't want to use, or something like that, I don't know. But it is completely clear that Harman did not make a special new film just for Mr Schroeder. We all see how difficult it is to make a new film.......and it would be really strange if Harman created a new unique film just to sell a small batch under the label of Rollei and stop production then. This would be completely nonsense and I'm sure that Harman does not make such nonsense. SO nobody believes this, this wouldn't be very logical. I'm agreeing with you, that Harman does not sell its products for OEM products, but this film maybe was not bought officialy directly from Harman - this is the reason why it was possible to sell it as Rollei RPX and this is the reason why Rollei RPX is running out. This is very simple if you are thinking logically about it

    This does not mean that RPX was a bad film, please don't get me wrong

    Thomas
    Last edited by thomas l; 09-27-2012 at 03:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

  2. #182

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    O.k., o.k., you have all won.....
    Thank you very much, Henning. I like the "test-shots" you made. I think everybody here knows that the monitors can not show how the projection or even the print look in real life.
    I guess seeing the projection for the first time is quite stunning.

    Kind regards
    Tim

  3. #183

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    479
    Hello Thomas,

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas l View Post
    Henning, I'm sorry to say, but as Maco itself says that the films are identical
    no, they say exactly the opposite, that the films are not identical. I've talked to them about this topic at Photokina last week.
    Ilford has very clearly told them that these emulsions are different compared to the Kentmere.
    They are also in very close contact to developer manufacturers Wolfgang Moersch, Heribert Schain and other independent experts who have tested all these films side by side. And all have so far confirmed Ilford's statement.

    As you don't believe Ilford, Maco, Moersch, Sänger, Schain I suggest you just do a comparison test by yourself. Then you will see that the films are different.
    (BTW, the error on the German macodirect shop site has been corrected).

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas l View Post
    But maybe it is a different batch, a batch which Harman didn't want to use, or something like that, I don't know. But it is completely clear that Harman did not make a special new film just for Mr Schroeder. We all see how difficult it is to make a new film.......
    Of course they did it not for 'Mr Schroeder'. They have a contract with Maco. Mr Schroeder has retired more than a year ago, but the contract is still there. And both companies keep this contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas l View Post
    and it would be really strange if Harman created a new unique film just to sell a small batch under the label of Rollei and stop production then.
    The production is not stopped. There is just a new shipment from England on the way to Germany. The two RPX films will be available in the future. At Photokina they told me that the demand for these films is increasing.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas l View Post
    This would be completely nonsense and I'm sure that Harman does not make such nonsense.
    I completely agree that Harman does not make nonsense. They are very clever. And they are very cooperative. At Photokina I've heard so much happy comments about Harmans policy to cooperate with other companies. Their policy is very appreciated by their partners.
    Harman produce film for Maco (the RPX line).
    They also make paper for
    - Adox
    - Bergger
    - Oriental.
    It's part of their business to do OEM manufacturing. It works. It makes sense for them and their partners.

    Best regards,
    Henning

  4. #184
    MDR
    MDR is offline
    MDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austria
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,107
    Finally someone posted some images from that film on rangefinderforum.com
    http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...=123486&page=2
    The pictures look very clean and nice but not very APX like. Still a nice addition to the filmworld.
    Congrats to Fotoimpex

    Dominik

  5. #185

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    705
    Images
    15
    Its a wild guess with those scans, look at the sky area of the 100% crops...
    I am not familiar with this V700 (Epson?) scanner but it looks like 3200ppi is way beyond its optical capabilities and the grain is extremely interpolated..

  6. #186
    MDR
    MDR is offline
    MDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austria
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    Its a wild guess with those scans, look at the sky area of the 100% crops...
    I am not familiar with this V700 (Epson?) scanner but it looks like 3200ppi is way beyond its optical capabilities and the grain is extremely interpolated..
    This might be but the tonality is nothing like APX. Still I think think the examples look good just not like APX.

    Dominik

  7. #187

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Finally someone posted some images from that film on rangefinderforum.com
    http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...=123486&page=2
    The pictures look very clean and nice but not very APX like. Still a nice addition to the filmworld.
    Congrats to Fotoimpex

    Dominik
    Do one have to be a member to see them? I scrolled both pages on that thread, and still found no images...

    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

    "The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

  8. #188
    Thomas Bertilsson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    14,392
    Images
    299

    New at Photokina 2012: ADOX SILVERMAX 35mm film 135/36

    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    This might be but the tonality is nothing like APX. Still I think think the examples look good just not like APX.

    Dominik
    Tonality is somewhat in your control, by changing exposure and development. The characteristic curve I posted a few posts ago mustn't have been very accurate, then, since the Silvermax and APX had almost identical curves after x- and y-axis had been scaled to be the same for both films. .
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

    "Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

    "...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

  9. #189

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    705
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Felinik View Post
    Do one have to be a member to see them? I scrolled both pages on that thread, and still found no images...

    Looks like the post with scans was deleted but You can still see it in the google cache.. probably not for long
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...id%3D1977372%2

  10. #190
    ath
    ath is offline
    ath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    890
    Regards,
    Andreas



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin