Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,945   Online: 782

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No Jeff, unfortunately not:

ADOX website:
    < Remark: Because of itīs high production price per sqm of coated material SILVERMAX is only available as a 35mm film and will not be manufactured in other formats. >
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Or this film is a rebranding of an emulsion that already exists only in 35mm.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great news but I would loved to see this one in 120 or even 4x5, expensive yes, but stil not more then double the price (and then production cost and shipping is also doubled).

I really want to see what DR5 can do with this film

great news

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please note, the first line was edited on the source page to:
    SILVERMAX has an increased silver-content compared to regular films.
    There was a comment about that on the Fotoimpex forum already..

Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    I wonder if this is the long awaited APX 100 type film.
    Michael, You probably mean the long awaited Adox Pan 400?
    I have noticed that there is a note on the product info page:
    +++ PAN 400 is ready for production but due to the sudden changes at Fotokemika who manufactured the CHS line of films for us we had to prioritize and decided to invest in the remanufacturing of a 100 ASA material at first+++
    http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX%20Fi...00/PAN400.html
    Looks like there are ongoing edits on Adox website, so I hope soon we will get info about the developer as well.
    Last edited by georg16nik; 09-08-2012 at 03:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Lemme understand: Fotokemika is closing because Efkes are silver rich films and then Adox comes up with a brand new silver rich emulsion?
    What a coincidence, isn't it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    Lemme understand: Fotokemika is closing because Efkes are silver rich films and then Adox comes up with a brand new silver rich emulsion?
    On the Fotoimpex forum, Mirko wrote that they have worked already in the last 6-8 months on that ISO 100 film.
    http://forum.fotoimpex.de/index.php?...pic=2611&st=20

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Itīs a coincidence.

The products presented now at Photokina are products which we prepared for the past half year and they are not (and canīt be) a reaction to the situation at Fotokemikas.
    Silvermax is a special film based on an APX 100 emulsion but with a silver rhicher coating.
    It uses an Agfa stock of clear triacetate base just like our first coating of PAN 400 did. This helped keeping the price within reason.
    We have enough film for about 5 years. After this material is sold making such a film again will probably become very expensive.

This is a very good special film. I hope you will like it all.
    This is not our replacement product for any CHS films and was never intended to be such.
    No one knew in advance what would happen at Fotokemikas.

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 09-08-2012 at 04:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Danke Mirko. I just read that you plan to introduce a new 120 and LF emulsion at a later stage, can you by any chance give us a bit more info about that future emulsion?

Dominik

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Mirko - How exciting! Will 100 foot rolls be made available or only in 35mm+36 canisters? Reguardless, I sure hope some of this comes to the States!
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Mirko I read the footnote on the new film saying that its silver rich emulsion will mean that it will not be produced in 120 but given that the area of a 120 film is about the same as a 35mm film this doesn't seem to make sense.

Is it more simply that a 120 base does not exist for this new film and it would be too expensive to make a 120 base?

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin