Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,948   Online: 1015

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Looks cool...worth getting some (and it looks like their special developer) to try it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It will be interesting to see prints made from it, and to compare results of processing in other developers. I wonder when Freestyle will have it in stock.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I called Freestyle today to inquire, they had no idea re Silvermax. I email Eric to give him a heads up as to it being listed now at adox.de, I hope Eric has some intel re this soon.....seems like a nice emulsion!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Who was this film manufactured by? Was it made at Fotokemika before the accident?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    It´s a coincidence.

The products presented now at Photokina are products which we prepared for the past half year and they are not (and can´t be) a reaction to the situation at Fotokemikas.
    Silvermax is a special film based on an APX 100 emulsion but with a silver rhicher coating.
    It uses an Agfa stock of clear triacetate base just like our first coating of PAN 400 did. This helped keeping the price within reason.
    We have enough film for about 5 years. After this material is sold making such a film again will probably become very expensive.

This is a very good special film. I hope you will like it all.
    This is not our replacement product for any CHS films and was never intended to be such.
    No one knew in advance what would happen at Fotokemikas.

Mirko
    i'd love to try it. may i presume it uses standard developers such as d-76? If so, put me down for a brick so I can give it a good test.

ct

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Who was this film manufactured by? Was it made at Fotokemika before the accident?
    The picture of the film says "Made in Germany"

I suspect it was made on ADOX's premises, their About page says they make film...

We manufacture fibre base papers, 35mm films, rollfilms, sheetfilms, Super 8 moovie films, photochemistry and more.
    Last edited by zsas; 09-08-2012 at 08:56 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: TypeOhhh
    Andy

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    "Made in Germany" can only mean that is it cut and transformed in Germany ... This is German law about that !
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Made in Germany? Available in 35mm and 8mm? No T-grain emulsion? Emulsion not made by Fotoimpex inhouse? 100 ASA? Triacetete base?

Guys, it's so obvious. I would bet any money that it is Orwo UN54. The only remaining German film manufacturer is Filmotec, successor of the East German Orwo company. They produce black and white film for movies.

This is good news because it is a very good film. I saw results that were pretty impressive, even in good ol' Rodinal. I never tried it myself because it has only been available in rolls of 100' and more, and I just don't like to roll my own films, but I look forward to trying it as soon as it's available.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    according to Mirkos post in his forum:
    http://forum.fotoimpex.de/index.php?...=30#entry14543

- Silvermax is based on AGFA formulas (modified APX100) and was made by ADOX
    - Silvermax will be available only from ADOX/Fotoimpex
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Wow, that's even better news - a new film.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin