Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,456   Online: 999

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Was not Scala film APX 100??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    Drew, Agfa Copex Rapid made by Agfa-Gevaert can hold 14 stops (if You need), on top of that., Copex Rapid is finer grained and sharper than Efke 25 and is faster.
    That's right, you get that if you develop Agfa Copex Rapid in its dedicated developer Spur Modular UR New. I can confirm this from my intensive tests and years of practical shooting with this film and other films in this range.
    It and its 'brother' Adox CMS 20 II (Agfa-Gevaert HDP) is outstanding material in combination with their dedicated developers.

Getting the 14 stops range (or even more) is, as others here have already said, possible with several films. It is more the question of the right film - developer combination. Use a developer which delivers a straight linear curve, like DD-X for example, and you will get that range.

Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    I expect Adox Silvermax to be like a faster brother to Copex Rapid and having its own character.
    Well, not its brother, both films are quite different. Silvermax is similar to Agfa APX 100 (which is good news in my opinion; APX 100 being one of the finest emulsions with classic cubic crystal structure).

Best regards,
    Henning
    Last edited by Henning Serger; 09-11-2012 at 03:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Was not Scala film APX 100??
    Bob, the Scala 200X emulsion is based on the APX 100 emulsion. The spectral sensivity is absolutely identical.
    Besides the clear base of Scala 200X Agfa has also modified the emulsion a little bit for best performance in the Scala reversal process.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I thought so .. I was told this by a friend in Agfa years ago, I also used Scala to make contact dupes when making enlarged negs for pt pd. Worked very well.
    I have always liked this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Bob, the Scala 200X emulsion is based on the APX 100 emulsion. The spectral sensivity is absolutely identical.
    Besides the clear base of Scala 200X Agfa has also modified the emulsion a little bit for best performance in the Scala reversal process.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Worked very well.
    I have always liked this film.
    Bob, then you will probably like Silvermax, too (by the way, Scala 200X is still available, e.g. at Fotoimpex).

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    it´s a 35mm film. Usually in shooting 35mm you end up with a lot of different contrast situations on the same roll.
    The more your film can capture in the first place, the more you can later decide what to bring to your paper (by burning and dodging).
    Also "some" people scan today nd the chips can capture this range. The film is especially well suited for scanning due to it´s clear base.
    And last but not least, as mentioned above, if developed to a transparency, in the projection you can see it all.

Mirko
    Maybe that's what you should explain this on your product page, instead of capitalizing on the "14 zones/silver rich" which taps into hobbyists' insecurities.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Thanks Mirko.

Can you provide any guidance about when the new 400 ASA film might be available- especially in 8x10 sheets?

Elliot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Hello Patrick,

no, it has not been made by Fotokemika. This film is one result of the cooperation between Adox and InovisCoat.

The film is currently in the test phase here in my lab. First results look good. The spectral sensivity of this film is identical to the Agfa APX 100.

Best regards,
    Henning
    That's really interesting. Thanks. I am looking forward to all that ADOX seems to be doing in the days that others seem to be looking to walk away from analog! Thank you ADOX!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    Thanks Mirko.

Can you provide any guidance about when the new 400 ASA film might be available- especially in 8x10 sheets?

Elliot
    On the Adox Website:

+++ PAN 400 is ready for production but due to the sudden changes at Fotokemika who manufactured the CHS line of films for us we had to prioritize and decided to invest in the remanufacturing of a 100 ASA material at first+++

http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX%20Fi...00/PAN400.html

Thanks. I hadn't visited the web site recently.

Elliot

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin