Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,922   Online: 1081

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Mirko, what about supplying development tanks for Super8 as well? I don't want to risk any money with these russian lomo tanks so a German distributor or a better, reliable source would be great. I don't feel like building my own development tank but would really like to develop Super8 myself as well. Just a suggestion

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniac View Post
    Mirko, what about supplying development tanks for Super8 as well? I don't want to risk any money with these russian lomo tanks so a German distributor or a better, reliable source would be great. I don't feel like building my own development tank but would really like to develop Super8 myself as well. Just a suggestion
    Some new developing tanks would be nice, but the market would be really small, I would think. A way to develop in a Jobo or similar processor might be easier to design, although I tried that years ago and couldn't home-engineer a solution.

But the UPB-1A Lomo tank works fine, if you get one in good condition. They are a bit tedious to load. There are smaller tanks that won't hold 50 feet of film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mirko, what about supplying development tanks for Super8 as well?
    We are film manufacturers, not hardware guys :-(

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is very, very awesome! Thank you ADOX!...If only someone came out with a new super 8 camera!
    Last edited by Ektagraphic; 09-10-2012 at 09:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    But the UPB-1A Lomo tank works fine, if you get one in good condition. They are a bit tedious to load. There are smaller tanks that won't hold 50 feet of film.
    Well, that's the problem. I don't want to spend a load of money on some uncertain ex-east-block seller and then end up paying a of import taxes here in Austria as well as a hefty sum for our postal system to collect the taxes upon delivery etc. only to discover I bought a useless brick. No sir, I'd rather prefer buying from a reputable company with warranty, returns guarantee etc. I'd even pay more for it, no questions asked, but I don't wanna play russian roulette

Shooter
    35mm
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    35mm
    I prefer a solution I can use inside a changing bag as I have to make my darkroom lighttight every time I use it and it's only 99,8% light tight. No problem for b&w positive development but far too risky for everything else. Also too bulky - I'm running out of storage space already

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mirko, that is awesome news. With all the uncertainties surrounding Kodak, I was especially worried about what would happen to Super 8. This is just great news, a new Super 8 film.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm
    This is the best news in many time!

It would be great to have this stock in Double-Super8 too! No extra charge to produce it and more market for this emulsion...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by avortex View Post
    This is the best news in many time!

It would be great to have this stock in Double-Super8 too! No extra charge to produce it and more market for this emulsion...
    Or even good old Regular 8. Looks like Kodak will no longer perforate 16mm film to make regular 8.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin