Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,827   Online: 1090

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John Schwind sells regular 8mm film that is reperfed 16mm film. I don't know if he does the reperfing himself or if he has it done for him.

Regular 8mm film is 16mm wide on the camera spool, and is only slit after processing. It uses the same perfs as 16mm film, but twice as many of them. In order for this new film to be available in regular 8, it would need to be supplied in 16mm, either as single or (preferably) double perf film, and then the additional perfs would have to be added in between the existing ones.

DS8 is also 16mm wide, but it uses Super 8 perfs, which are smaller and more square than 16mm perfs. You cannot reperf a single or double perfed 16mm film to make it. You'd need 16mm unperfed, or have it perfed for DS8 by the manufacturer.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't know about the new ADOX perforator, but perhaps it's not that difficult to make 16mm wide strips with super-8 perforations.

Aside that, they can sell the super-8 film in bulk cans too, for recharging cartridges of for use in single-8 cameras. I'm a single-8 user, as many friends of mine, so this option should be really great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All you have to do is poke little holes in the side. Right?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    John Schwind sells regular 8mm film that is reperfed 16mm film. I don't know if he does the reperfing himself or if he has it done for him.
    I thought the following was common knowledge among Regular-8 users. I'll pass it along again (quote from John):
    Kodak no longer supplies TRI-X [regular-8]. I have to limit my TRI-X sales to 4 25ft
    spools because of low supplies. I was caught by surprise and Kodak is
    not allowing any further sales of this product. I have been trying to
    get one last large order but Kodak no longer is customer friendly. I
    would appreciate your calling Kodak and letting them know that use R8
    and R8 tri-X and you believe they should allow one more large order, The
    number is 800 621 3456. You will get the order desk. Ask to speak with
    the planner for this product. Let them know in a polite way you are very
    upset. Remember the person you speak to has no power to make a decision
    but may relay the info to someone who can. Let me know what happens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't bought from John in a long time, ic, so I didn't know that. Thanks.

Well, there is still Fomapan in regular 8 and DS8. Maybe Orwo too, I don't know.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All you have to do is poke little holes in the side. Right?
    The accuracy needed acording to ISO standards is less than 2/100mm of tolerance between the specified hole distance otherwise your images will not be solid in projection. The machine we have to do so is a masterpiece in German mechanical engineering.
    We also have a double 8 machine, but this is not refurbished yet.
    If sales of the Super8 product go well (means we get some cash in) we´ll drive it down to it´s creator for refurbishing as well.

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In that case, I would like to help support the sales of your Super 8 film by buying some. I hope Freestyle will carry it. And hopefully you have announced your film on filmshooting.com.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    If sales of the Super8 product go well (means we get some cash in) we´ll drive it down to it´s creator for refurbishing as well.

Mirko
    I really hope the sales go well -- I would love to be able to get double 8, and I have a developing tank for that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is awesome news, I sure will try some. Mirko, do you consider selling the film in bulk so we can load it into the reloadable russian cassettes?

Shooter
    35mm
    This is good news! I know this is a two week old topic! I will be buying some when the time comes, to help support the format!(i shoot very little B&W movie film have only shot one to date since starting out in super 8 and have two spare carts), My worry is that kodak 100D is the last colour reversal super-8 film (although a good one), and if that is discontinued I don't know what to do as I use it quite a bit now! I adox planning to bring a colour reversal film out at some stage? If there is one bought out, i would be a regular buyer!

Jacob
    Last edited by jm94; 09-25-2012 at 08:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin