Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,107   Online: 1063

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

New at Photokina 2012: ADOX Super8 Reversal Film

Mirko - Any details on th Super 8 film or do we need to wait to the 18th (when Photokina starts)?

I saw this line on your site:

Visit us at Photokina in order to find out about our new products

PHOTOKINA NEWS:

•ADOX SILVERMAX Film
    •ADOX Silvermax Developer
    ADOX Super8 Reversal Film
    •"Colour Implosion" modified colours film
    per

http://www.adox.de/english/index.html

Here I thought Photokina would be the typical gadget race; yet ADOX comes to the show with some intriquing items! Good job ADOX!

p.s. - We now have threads for the other ADOX announcements:

Silvermax Film/Dev

Colour Imposion modified colours film
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for starting this thread, Andy.

I can wait until the 18th, if Mirko can't spill the beans early, but what I'm intrested in is whether the Super 8 reversal film is B&W or color, what ISO, whether it is daylight or tungsten balanced, and what notch code is used on the cartridges. I'd also like to know if it will be available in DS8 spools or in bulk for respooling onto DS8 camera spools.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super 8_Pan-X_web.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	56814

PAN-X-Reverso is a black and white reversal material which is extremely sharp and has a wonderful modulation.
    It does not block in the highlights and has plenty of reserve in the blacks.

This film is our replacement for the discontinued Plus-X reversal film from Kodak.
    We manufacture it in house in a new Super8 cartridge (not from Kodak).
    The cartridges are marked for 100 ASA.
    You need to shoot it as a tungsten film (as with any B/W material: without filter).
    We tried a few labs and they got it right at the first shot.

The film will be available at PHOTOKINA 2012.

Visit us in Hall 6.1, booth F26.

Have fun filming!

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 09-09-2012 at 12:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Awesome Adox!

Heck, as cheap as used 8mm gear is this would almost tempt me to buy a camera and projector to play around with (is this a standard black and white reversal process you can do at home easily enough?)

Adox is doing some really wonderful things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Mirko. It sounds fascinating. I'm looking forward to trying it. I'll develop one myself and send another out for processing for comparison.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Awesome Adox!

Heck, as cheap as used 8mm gear is this would almost tempt me to buy a camera and projector to play around with (is this a standard black and white reversal process you can do at home easily enough?)

Adox is doing some really wonderful things.
    Roger,

I almost forgott: We will be introducing a simple to use B/W reversal Kit as well to go with the film.
    We tried to get this done for Photokina but more than a sample and leaflet will not be there next week.

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Kodak formulas for D-94 first developer, R-9 potassium dichromate bleach, and either D-95 or Dektol for second developer. Will this work for PAN-X-Reverso? What about D-94A with R-10 potassium permanganate bleach?

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Will you offer the film in other sizes in the future ?
    16mm single and double perf as well as 35mm would be on my wish list? Pretty please.

Dominik

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dominik,

there are still plenty companies out making 16mm film at very, very tightly calculated prices.
    This business area is not in our scope as we will be unable to compete with them.
    We see the lack of products mainly in Super8 as there is actually a fear that Super8 will vanish totally depending on how things go at Kodak.
    So for now we are very happy to have a Super8 product out.

Mirko

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mirko there are currently more films for Super 8 than for any other format. Every colornegative shooting stock for 35mm is available in Super8, even APX has speen respooled, Fuji reversal films as well as Fomapan 100R are available in Super8

Still congratulations, whish you the best of luck with this new product.
    Dominik

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin