Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,752   Online: 841

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    While MP film makes/made enormous volume, it might not make enormous margins. Just look at recent still film prices, I don't think Hollywood pays nearly as much for MP film although MP film production cost may not be all that much less. Hollywood and Bollywood certainly won't pay US$10+ for less than 2m of 35mm film like we still photographers happily (?) do.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The retail price for a 400 foot roll of Ektachrome 100D right now is $475 from Kodak. That seems to be the cheapest price around. It's even more expensive at places like Film Emporium, at $547 a roll.

How many 36 exposure rolls can you get out of 400 feet? Depending on your loader and how careful you are, anywhere from 72 to 80 rolls, based on 18 to 20 rolls per 100 feet. So at worst, that works out to $6.60 a roll. Definitely cheaper than buying remaining stocks of the Kodak E100 still films, but still pretty expensive.

I doubt large studios use a lot of reversal film or pay full retail price for it. The color negative films are far more commonly used, and are much less expensive than reversal film.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin