Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,545   Online: 1160

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Some good news of sorts, I emailed Lucky and asked them if they are going cease production of the SHD black and white line of film and got this reply:

B/W SHD 135 FILM 还有生产。

COLOR FILM 停产,尚有少量库存。

Which Google translate says is:
    B / W SHD 135 FILM production there.

COLOR FILM discontinued, there are a small amount of inventory.

Rattymouse (or anyone who reads Chinese), can you verify that what Google says means B/W will continue?

Thanks!
    What? You can't read Chinese? That's what comes from allowing your teachers to go on strike.

Oh, wait, you have our former Superintendant.

I know, OT, but I could not resist it.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Charlie Chaplin said that he thought movies would never talk and never be in color. You cannot command the tide and digital is enjoying ascendancy. But I believe the classic form for a photographic image is a hard copy. I have talked to a firm which duplicates video--world class quality--and the guy in charge said that he deals with 11 different electronic formats and his equipment cannot read them all.

There is probably still room for film and its magic. There are more horses in the US today than when Henry Ford first drove an automobile on the streets of Detroit--but not everybody owns a horse!

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My eBay seller that I know very well cheerfully emailed that he buys colour Lucky film from downtown Kowloon, Hong Kong — in a shop that also dishes up dim sum [his spelling], spring rolls, won-tons and 8 varieties of rice. Got to love stock diversity...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by falotico View Post
    I have talked to a firm which duplicates video--world class quality--and the guy in charge said that he deals with 11 different electronic formats and his equipment cannot read them all.
    Yup, digital video formats is a jungle and can be a real pita, on top of that you can have encapsulated audio formats, and in the end movie+audio is not seldom wrapped up in a bunch of different "container" formats.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin