Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,416   Online: 987
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    zsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,959
    Images
    74

    Lucky Film ends color film production

    Per: Wang Zhuoqiong ( chinadaily.com.cn)

    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/busines...t_15736165.htm
    Andy

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    78
    At least Kodak's competition seems to be getting rather scarce on this front....

  3. #3
    Newt_on_Swings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,791
    I heard this from a photo buddy in
    China while I was there a few days ago. I was gifted a 10 pack of lucky 100 speed film still in its plastic seal. Unfortunately the Chinese tsa had to open the package up and inspect and rip open a random roll. I was hoping to keep it as a reminder of the days of color film. Also got a 10 pack brick of Chinese labeled Kodak gold 100 that wasn't opened.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,790
    Images
    36
    I guess the collapse of film still is in full swing. This is very disappointing.

  5. #5
    Brian C. Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    495
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    13
    OK, I didn't see this one coming. So much for the "let the Chinese make film, they can do it cheaper" theory.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,790
    Images
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    OK, I didn't see this one coming. So much for the "let the Chinese make film, they can do it cheaper" theory.

    Yep, this looks very bad for color film. I have no hope in Kodak surviving. Fujifilm's news is a HUGE shock and now this. I just dont see how color film makes it.

  7. #7
    Poisson Du Jour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SE Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,515
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Yep, this looks very bad for color film. I have no hope in Kodak surviving. Fujifilm's news is a HUGE shock and now this. I just dont see how color film makes it.

    Que? What "Fujifilm's news is a HUGE shock" is being referred to?
    If Mama/Papa Fuji-san take away my Vaudeville Velvia I'll cry...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

    A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.






  8. #8
    MattKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delta, British Columbia, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    12,105
    Images
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Que? What "Fujifilm's news is a HUGE shock" is being referred to?
    If Mama/Papa Fuji-san take away my Vaudeville Velvia I'll cry...
    Fuji appears to have announced that they are ceasing production of motion picture film: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum390/...sequences.html
    Matt

    “Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

    Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

  9. #9
    zsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,959
    Images
    74
    Some good news of sorts, I emailed Lucky and asked them if they are going cease production of the SHD black and white line of film and got this reply:

    B/W SHD 135 FILM 还有生产。

    COLOR FILM 停产,尚有少量库存。

    Which Google translate says is:
    B / W SHD 135 FILM production there.

    COLOR FILM discontinued, there are a small amount of inventory.

    Rattymouse (or anyone who reads Chinese), can you verify that what Google says means B/W will continue?

    Thanks!
    Andy

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,790
    Images
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Some good news of sorts, I emailed Lucky and asked them if they are going cease production of the SHD black and white line of film and got this reply:

    B/W SHD 135 FILM 还有生产。

    COLOR FILM 停产,尚有少量库存。

    Which Google translate says is:
    B / W SHD 135 FILM production there.

    COLOR FILM discontinued, there are a small amount of inventory.

    Rattymouse (or anyone who reads Chinese), can you verify that what Google says means B/W will continue?

    Thanks!

    It says that B & W film will still be produced. Color film production has stopped but there is still stock for sale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin