Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,130   Online: 921

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves View Post
    What's the F5 numbers like?
    AFAIK also in the 250,000 region.

How many do you Know of being used?
    Personally I know about 10 using an F6. Lots of F6 shooters in the German Nikon forum, and at least nine have reported about shooting with one in the German aphog forum.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the F6 is more popular in Germany and in Japan, compared to the US.

From my understanding about the F6 is that the shutter unit and body casting was designed alongside the D2/D3 era cameras,
    Well, the shutter and the AF system of F6 and the D2 series were designed alongside, the bodies show some significant differences.

Even if the production was over 200 per month for the first few years 34,000 still seems very high.
    Now in September, Photokina time, exactly eight years ago the F6 was introduced. About 34,000 F6 in eight years compared to about 250,000 F5 sold in eight years, that are not exceptionally high numbers I think, even considering the digital revolution in that time.

There were that many around, it increases the chances I can find one! Best regards
    You should do, the camera is outstanding !

Best regards,
    Henning
    Last edited by Henning Serger; 09-20-2012 at 08:24 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had at one time about four years ago considered buying a new F6, but the more I looked at the specification the more I felt it was overkill for my personal type of photography, although it is indeed a wonderful technical achievement.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Alright! I'll take your word for it. In comparison to the F5 and F4 34,000 does seem a realistic number and low in comparison.
    I did manage to shoot a roll with the F6, rattled off a roll in record time, Kodachrome 200 I seem to recall! He offered me the body with the MB-40 for 1200.00 US which was a great price, and the other one I saw was with the MB-40 as well for 1600 so deals abound (at least at that time).

I do think the F6 is more in use in other areas like Germany. At least here in Hawaii most shooters are too taken with the digital.
    Best Regards,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I had at one time about four years ago considered buying a new F6, but the more I looked at the specification the more I felt it was overkill for my personal type of photography, although it is indeed a wonderful technical achievement.
    Before I decided to buy the F6, I've also often thought about whether this camera may be indeed overkill.

But quite fast after my purchase and the first films shot with it I knew no, not an overkill at all.
    Because it is never an overkill if
    - the camera has perfect ergonomics and fits like if it was made specifically for your hands
    - the mirror and shutter are both so well dampened that you can shoot at rather long exposure times, getting very sharp images; the mirror and shutter dampening of my other slr's is much worse
    - the camera is operating much more silent
    - the camera has a perfect viewfinder
    - the focusing is much more precise compared to other models, both with AF and MF
    - the camera is such a joy to use that you are happy with it, and if you are happy your pictures will be better

Best regards,
    Henning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin