Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,860   Online: 1142

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Henning,

Actually, you DID mention the Impossible Project in your comments about InovisCoat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Of course! Oh man, I am really getting older......At least I am not the only one who has forgotten to mention it.....

Best regards,
    Henning
    You see, I helped with Slavich but WE forgot about Impossible's instant film and I am sure there still someone left

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While not specifically film no mention is made of Fuji's coating plant in Europe, I've no idea if it's still in operation coating RA-4 paper. Also Kodak once coated all their films in the UK including Kodachrome, in fact Kodak Ltd, Harrow, controlled all coating in Europe at one time including Hungary (later to become Fprte).

Not sure if Foton is still coating but last I heard it was X-ray films.

There is coating capacity in Europe and no shortage of skills.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Henning,
    Thanks!
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    There is coating capacity in Europe and no shortage of skills.

Ian,

That's pretty much what I wrote. B&W should remain with good availability. Color is anyones guess, although both Kodak and Fuji making archival films for digital movie content will hopefully help keep it available (but probably at higher prices).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Ian,

That's pretty much what I wrote. B&W should remain with good availability. Color is anyones guess, although both Kodak and Fuji making archival films for digital movie content will hopefully help keep it available (but probably at higher prices).
    Agfa still make colour films, and Foma have in the not so distant past but they are tied in with Fuji cutting master rolls of colour papers I think at the moment. (They have a joint venture).

Ilford haven't made a colour film for many decades, there's no history at Mobberley but some of their board hold Colourv related Patents People forget that Ilford downsized many years ago selling their Medical & Graphic Arts sides to Agfa and that wass before the move to Mobberley.

Ian.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Henning,

Actually, you DID mention the Impossible Project in your comments about InovisCoat
    Fred, yes, you are right......and another evidence that I am getting older.......

And we all have forgotten Ilford, Suisse. I remembered our thread here on last Saturday when I visited their booth at the Photokina.
    They make the Ilford micrographic colour microfilm (I've been told at their booth that there is quite a lot of demand for this material from the military).
    And they are involved in the production of the new Harman Direct Positive paper on DuPont Melinex PET base.
    I've seen a first sample of it at the Harman booth, looks very promising.
    I will definitely try this paper, especially after my very interesting talk to Mr Walker, the manufacturer of the Harman Titan Pinhole cameras.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji RA-4 paper production in Tilburg, Netherlands

Hello,

just an addition to the numerous operating film and paper production facilities in Europe (see the posts above):

Fujifilm is producing RA-4 silver halide colour paper in their factory in Tilburg, Netherlands.
    Some years ago colour film was produced there. The film production is now concentrated in one Fujifilm factory in Japan.
    And the plant in Tilburg has been converted from film to paper production (that is not difficult, production processes are very similar; some manufacturers like Ilford and Foma are coating film and paper on the same machines)
    [source: Bernd Gansohr, Deputy General Manager. Fujifilm Imaging Systems in an interview at Photokina 2012 with FPP correspondent Viviane Li].

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.mitsubishiimaging.com/color-print-film.html Is this stuff reboxed film by someone else or do they make it?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    In China there is still Lucky http://www.luckyfilm.com/html/MasterSite/EN/index.html. They are producing BW film (production of color film has currently been discontinued) and RA-4 paper e.g.
    And in China there is also still Shanghai (BW films).

Best regards,
    Henning
    Henning: This information is much appreciated. I'm sorry that I was unable to attend PhotoKina this year. Question: was Lucky represented at PhotoKina and if so, were you able to get information/samples of their B+W films? I am curious about the quality and consistency of their B+W films. I have never seen them in the US. Are there any other Chinese companies that properly manufacture B+W films? If they don't sell to the US, do they export elsewhere?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin