Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,278   Online: 1094

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro View Post
    http://www.mitsubishiimaging.com/color-print-film.html Is this stuff reboxed film by someone else or do they make it?
    It is film from a different manufacturer.
    But as far as I know Mitsubishi's RA-4 color paper is manufactured by themselves.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl K View Post
    Henning: This information is much appreciated. I'm sorry that I was unable to attend PhotoKina this year. Question: was Lucky represented at PhotoKina and if so, were you able to get information/samples of their B+W films? I am curious about the quality and consistency of their B+W films. I have never seen them in the US. Are there any other Chinese companies that properly manufacture B+W films? If they don't sell to the US, do they export elsewhere?
    Hello Karl,

Lucky was there, but unfortunately I had no time left to visit their booth.
    Just some weeks ago there was an official statement from Lucky that they stop their colour negative film production, it was also posted here on apug:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum390/...roduction.html
    Due to the current available data, afaik production of RA-4 paper and BW film is continued.

Well, their BW film: The emulsion has solid quality, but there is no antihalation layer. Some photographers like this and use the film for this "Aura" effect in back light scenes.
    Other Chinese manufacturer of BW film: Shanghai. If you want to try some, best is to look for film distributors in HongKong or Macau.

But there are so much excellent BW films from Ilford, Kodak, Fuji, Adox, Maco/Rollei-Film (Agfa-Gevaert), Foma, FilmoTec. I think there is very little necessity to make the hassle with getting Chinese films.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Karl,

In the UK there is only one brick-and-mortar shop selling Lucky B&W film. Most of it is available via Ebay sellers based in China and South Korea. I bought recently some to try the Super Colour 100 and SHD 100.
    As Henning said, Lucky stopped production of their Super Colour 100 and 200 films. B&W in the form of the SHD 100 is still in production. They also produced a 400 ISO and a CN 400 ISO versions, but I can't find them anywhere and suspect production has ended for these films. Be aware that SHD 100 has had some problems in 120 format due to the type of tape used to stick the backing paper to the film. I'm not sure if they have corrected the problem as I don't use 120 film. The film is also thin.
    In the past China Lucky had a collaborative agreement with Kodak until Kodak pulled out in 2008. But Lucky got some Know-How from Kodak.

Regards,
    Ricardo
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    35mm
    In India there is HINDUSTAN PHOTO FILMS a government run enterprise which manufactures B&W films and papers - sold under the INDU brand name.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin