Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,297   Online: 914

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak sell printer/scanners but they don't scan film. This always surprised me. I'd have thought a decent film scanner would have been a good idea.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

lots of cameras available

There are MANY options for 35mm available. I thought a couple years back that Kodak was going to sell a Kodak branded Vivitar 35mm, but I think the bankruptcy put the nix on that.

Look for the Leica MP and M7, Nikon F6, FM10, FE10, Vivitar V3800-50, Voigtländer Bessa series, and Zeiss Ikon, low end Promaster, and I am sure there are other 35mm cameras, but all of these are current 2012 35mm cameras available right now.

For Medium format, there are even more options, remember that even the Mamiya RB series is still being produced.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdunek View Post
    If I was CEO of Kodak, I'd quit
    But he can't quit yet- his work is not finished. Kodak is still breathing.

I sure don't know what they can do.
    Firing the CEO would be a start.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford had a stroke of genius by introducing the Titan and selling it with a bag of goodies i.e. paper/film. Now it's gotten so popular they introduced 8x10 version at Photokina. There are ways to get out of the hole and get film in people's hands, you just have to stop thinking like the old Kodak CEOs do who are trying to play catch up with the rest of the world.
    Aleksandra Miesak

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." - Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And in October 2012 we will launch another 3 new cameras......

Single Use Cameras with Flash 27 exp XP2 Super
    27 exp HP5+
    27 exp HP5+ ( Process paid / UK Only )

Not exactly what you meant, but they are nice and a bit of fun and they help younger ( and older ) ones experiment with film.....

Kind Regards

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any new film camera is a step forward, particularly these because they may introduce new people to film and get them hooked.

So that's great news Simon.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    Kodak sell printer/scanners but they don't scan film. This always surprised me. I'd have thought a decent film scanner would have been a good idea.
    Kodak DID sell prosumer film scanners: the RFS 2035, RFS 2035 Plus and RFS 3570. The original RFS 2035 came out in the very early 1990's (and was one of the digital products I worked on).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Kodak DID sell prosumer film scanners: the RFS 2035, RFS 2035 Plus and RFS 3570. The original RFS 2035 came out in the very early 1990's (and was one of the digital products I worked on).
    If Kodak had continued to work on scanners, I would be willing to bet that the state of the art in prosumer scanning would be much more advanced than it is now.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    And in October 2012 we will launch another 3 new cameras......

Single Use Cameras with Flash 27 exp XP2 Super
    27 exp HP5+
    27 exp HP5+ ( Process paid / UK Only )

Not exactly what you meant, but they are nice and a bit of fun and they help younger ( and older ) ones experiment with film.....

Kind Regards

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Isn't the XP2 Super single use a revival of something Ilford had 10-12 years ago? A welcome break from grainy color.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Can't can't can't is all you hear when it comes to Kodak.
    These dozen words give voice to my most fundamental frustration regarding Kodak over the last five years. Not just limited to film. But everything. And I've been repeatedly thrashed for even bringing it up.

Everyone else who has survived—or been resurrected from the dead—has found new and different ways to move forward.* But for some reason all one ever hears from anyone connected with Kodak is "that can't happen."

Why the hell NOT???

I've never seen a more paralyzed organization in my life. The UN is lightning quick by comparison.

Ken (sorry, I try to stay away from this topic, but I'm so weak and they're SO frustrating)

* Impossible Project, Jobo film processors, Aristo replacement tubes, APX film, MCC paper, Lodima paper, Ilford pinhole cameras and accessories, Ilford postcard paper, Leica, Holga, Cosina, all of those toy camera Lomo products, and on and on...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin