Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,345   Online: 1037

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    So Perez's great idea is done. Full circle. Now can they get rid of him please?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Selling the ink for the existing printers can't seem to offer much for the future...what's the expected life of a typical desktop printer, perhaps 3 or 4 years?

And it's after, apparently, spending a whole lot of money here in the UK on advertising the printers on TV, etc., even as recently as earlier this month.
    Last edited by railwayman3; 09-28-2012 at 12:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about the software (drivers) going obsolete if the OS is upgraded?

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak to quit making its desktop inkjet printers

PE, that's exactly what happened with my Kodak dye-sublimation printer. It will only run on one version of Windows (XP), so now I have a rather large paperweight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    PE, that's exactly what happened with my Kodak dye-sublimation printer. It will only run on one version of Windows (XP), so now I have a rather large paperweight.
    Virtual machines...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Virtual machines...

Ken
    Doesn't necessarily work....I have an older, but perfectly servicable, Canon inkjet with no driver for 64-bit Windows 7, which will not work with the XP emulation on 7 (confirmed by Canon UK). Not much chance of Kodak providing new drivers a few years down the line, if Canon doesn't?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But definitely worth looking into if Terry hasn't already done so. My brother runs one of the Nikon 35mm film scanners using an XP VM running in a partition on a Mac. You never know until you try.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This afternoon I was out shopping in one of our awful US-style shpping estates, think PC World, Staples, Supermarkets etc.

I was actually after office firniture but the stores sold Inkjet papers, where once they'd had very good ranges now it was crap or Kodak, so now what happens ?

Staples used to sell a very good range now just Kodak or own brand which is awful, they used to sell Fuji and Ilford (the swiss stuff) and a lot of it as well.

So if Kodak ditch Inkjet is that papers as well, and taht is the end of Perez surely, he's not made it work.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 09-28-2012 at 02:54 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: cant spell Kodak

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I quiet liked their Inkjet printers in fact they were not bad at all. I know a few photographers who use Kodak printers and they are fond of them and prefer them to similar printers from HP

Domink

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Getting rid of stink-jet printers is a positive move. Concentrate on C-41 and black & white film.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin