Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,904   Online: 1087

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    There are a lot of people working at Eastman Kodak that are hoping to retain a job in an already depressed part of the country. The decisions are not made by these workers, but by a team of executives who count beans and who haven't exactly developed the best strategy over the years. That's not the fault of the majority of the amazing professionals that work there, churning out the best quality film in the world.

Support the films and products you like to support. Shoot what gives you the most pleasure and the best results, chances are that would be a Kodak emulsion. A photography world without Kodak would be a much poorer one, if you look beyond the politics of it, which has nothing to do with the joy of photography.
    Bingo, this is what I see missing in a lot of the anti-Kodak talk. I don't think RattyMouse is a troll, but his not very well informed or thought out blurts of his feelings toward Kodak sound an awful lot like that of 12 year old. There are days I feel like I am reading a post by a kid...

Off topic, anyone notice that Freestyle keeps raising the prices on film in the past few months? Two weeks ago I ordered 30 rolls of Rollei IR400 at $8.99 a roll....now it is $9.99...:-O

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    ... anyone notice that Freestyle keeps raising the prices on film in the past few months? Two weeks ago I ordered 30 rolls of Rollei IR400 at $8.99 a roll....now it is $9.99...:-O
    Yes, Efke IR820 slow disappearance drove Rollei IR400 price up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Nope, nor do I intend to. So I'll say it again - if you do, and if you have some allegations to make, and evidence, make them and show it.

I for one put less than zero stock in eyebrow wagging vague insinuations online without specifics.
    No point of diluting Henning's thread further.
    Even on APUG there are dozens of threads about how Kodak hands are being bend back, the lawsuits and who is interested in Kodak exit.
    If You cared about Kodak., You'd keep yourself informed already.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Bingo, this is what I see missing in a lot of the anti-Kodak talk. I don't think RattyMouse is a troll, but his not very well informed or thought out blurts of his feelings toward Kodak sound an awful lot like that of 12 year old. There are days I feel like I am reading a post by a kid...

Off topic, anyone notice that Freestyle keeps raising the prices on film in the past few months? Two weeks ago I ordered 30 rolls of Rollei IR400 at $8.99 a roll....now it is $9.99...:-O
    12 year old? My goodness. It's really simple. It is demonstrably true that Kodak does not view film as their core business. No one can argue against that. They dont want to be in the film business. I choose to support a company that DOES want to be in the film business. If that is the rant of a 12 year old then so be it.

Not that my film consumption makes any real different, so it is all theoretical from a realistic point of view. Anyway, here is my last 7 days work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    12 year old? My goodness. It's really simple. It is demonstrably true that Kodak does not view film as their core business. No one can argue against that. They dont want to be in the film business. I choose to support a company that DOES want to be in the film business. If that is the rant of a 12 year old then so be it.

Not that my film consumption makes any real different, so it is all theoretical from a realistic point of view. Anyway, here is my last 7 days work.

I'm glad you're so happy shooting Fuji film, another truly excellent choice and a first rate product. If I were you I wouldn't wonder what it would be like to shoot some other brand of film. Just continue shooting what you're happy shooting and leave it at that. Are you still using that Fuji 645 camera?
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I'm glad you're so happy shooting Fuji film, another truly excellent choice and a first rate product. If I were you I wouldn't wonder what it would be like to shoot some other brand of film. Just continue shooting what you're happy shooting and leave it at that. Are you still using that Fuji 645 camera?
    Yep, all those rolls were pounded out by my GA645. A real fun camera to shoot with but a bit of a challenge as I enjoy low light street photography. ISO400 and f/4 do NOT make a good low light camera!

Still, I did a lot of daytime shooting as you can see from all that Reala that I shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Yep, all those rolls were pounded out by my GA645. A real fun camera to shoot with but a bit of a challenge as I enjoy low light street photography. ISO400 and f/4 do NOT make a good low light camera!

Still, I did a lot of daytime shooting as you can see from all that Reala that I shot.
    How about a tripod? Even a monopod helps tremendously while allowing you fast movement, especially if you lean up against a wall or a light post it will be very stable down to long exposures.

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread. Back to Photokina.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry to call a spade a spade, but you as a consumer do not have enough information to say if Fuji is more committed to film than Kodak is. There is a lot more to this than Fuji getting out of MP, Kodak staying in it, Fuji keeping the current still film line as long as it is profitable, Kodak selling the market end of theirs in order to see it move forward.

I know people at Kodak, you do not.....believe me, Kodak is not the CEO, it is the products and the people who work real hard at keeping it going.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey guys, keep calm, please not such a superfluous Kodak versus Fuji flame war.
    That does not make any sense.
    I use both Kodak and Fuji film and want that both companies continue producing their excellent films.
    I think we all can agree that this development would be the best for all of us.

Please don't waste your time in such flame wars. Instead use the time and go out shooting film.

I made my posting because of the Photokina. And the news both from Fuji and Kodak are quite positive. Please have a look at my latest report in English (the other thread).

Thanks and best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On the Freestyle pricing point, I would be willing to bet that with the exception of those products for which Freestyle are the distributors, Freestyle bases their prices on the prices currently being charged to them by the distributors they buy from.

And some of those distributors may themselves be buying from other distributors.

It is a lot easier for a distributor to increase a price, than a retailer.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Hey guys, keep calm, please not such a superfluous Kodak versus Fuji flame war.
    That does not make any sense.
    I use both Kodak and Fuji film and want that both companies continue producing their excellent films.
    I think we all can agree that this development would be the best for all of us.

Please don't waste your time in such flame wars. Instead use the time and go out shooting film.

I made my posting because of the Photokina. And the news both from Fuji and Kodak are quite positive. Please have a look at my latest report in English (the other thread).

Thanks and best regards,
    Henning
    I agree Henning, in fact I am on a shoot right now using film, it's how I make my living.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin