Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,497   Online: 1039

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree except that I certainly haven't seen any "flame wars." Anyone who thinks there have been any flames at all in this thread just hasn't been around the Internet much.

I like Kodak color film a lot and hope it sticks around. I use it almost exclusively in color neg, except for some Fuji and long gone and lamented Agfa Optima that I got in a package deal off eBay, reportedly frozen since purchased and definitely frozen by me since I got it, that all works beautifully. I like Tri-X and TMY-2 but could live without them. Same for T-Max RS. I'll likely continue using those as long as they are available, so I am supporting Kodak.

I also shoot Pan F+, FP4+ and Delta 3200, and love them all for what they do best.

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Please don't waste your time in such flame wars. Instead use the time and go out shooting film.
    + 1

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Sorry to call a spade a spade, but you as a consumer do not have enough information to say if Fuji is more committed to film than Kodak is. There is a lot more to this than Fuji getting out of MP, Kodak staying in it, Fuji keeping the current still film line as long as it is profitable, Kodak selling the market end of theirs in order to see it move forward.

I know people at Kodak, you do not.....believe me, Kodak is not the CEO, it is the products and the people who work real hard at keeping it going.
    1. Kodak's own words state clearly that film is not their core business, hence why it is for sale.
    2. I do not care one wit about MP film.
    3. None of my comments are directed at the employees of Kodak's film division.
    4. All of my comments are directed at Kodak's senior executive staff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Question: suppose Kodak manages to sell their film division, would that be bad?
    Would that necessarily mean that Kodak's films disappear from the market?
    Why buying the film division just in order to kill it?

These films are among the best on the market, some the very best. There is, after all, a reasonable demand for their products, evan if the volume isn't what it was.

For those of us who want their pruducts still being on the market, it's not imortant who makes them.
    If Kodak wants to do something else than making films, why not let Kodak make somethinhg else (if they still want to survive as a comapny) and let someone else make these films, evan if they, perhaps, will be produced under some different names.
    Kodak isn't important, their products/films are!
    /Bertil

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin