Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,158   Online: 804

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

New processing lab in the UK

I think this is the right place to post this. As a customer of Ag Photographic, I got an email shot this morning saying that they have just opened a new processing lab for C41, E6 and black and white. Details at www.ag-photolab.co.uk. This is encouraging news as they are also a supplier of films and darkroom products. I usually use Peak Imaging which are excellent but I have a sharp intake of breath everytime I see the bill for latest batch of 10 rolls of 35mm printed at 5"x7.5". I have a batch of rolls ready to send off and I may give them a go.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Those prices are very reasonable. I will probably try them out too.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i have been an AG customer for a while now and they have never let me down. excellent customer service - lets hope this continues on into their new lab.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not a new lab, the processing is done by Peter Gaffney's Metro Colour labs in Birmingham where I have been a customer for a long time, I can recommend this lab wholeheartedly they have very reasonable prices and their work is some of the best and cleanest I have ever seen, but their turn round time isn't fast it's about ten days.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can afford to wait if I'm saving money (spoken like a true Yorkshireman). Thanks for the update benjiboy.

Shooter
    35mm
    I thought the prices excellent. If you were only an occasional user of colour and didn't particularly fancy the investment and learning curve for home processing then this would fit the bill. Same applies if you prefer chromogenic B&W such as XP2 Super but did your own printing

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just called in at AG to pick up some stuff. I was chatting to the owner (didn't get his name) but he was telling me that they have taken over metro (I think that's the story) anyway, it seems Metro's lab gear is now at AG. I was in a bit of a hurry so was a little confused on all the detail.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    Just called in at AG to pick up some stuff.
    Quite a commute from Lanacashire You basically have it correct. Matt at Ag has done very well, starting off as he did in the B'ham suburbs over a garage. Shows what can be done with a retail analogue business if you work hard, don't overcharge and have a real connection to the customer.

Well done Matt

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quite a commute from Lanacashire
    on the way home from cornwall!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sending a C41 135 Ektar film in tomorrow for them to process, watch this space
    Last edited by benjiboy; 10-08-2012 at 11:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin