Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,173   Online: 826

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a smartphone, so I'm doomed to using Fuji Pro film
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I went in expecting more. I thought there would be reciprocity info, developing times, etc. Pretty much useless at this point. It did point out that Portra was good for portraits though.

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak only has a handful of professional film. It's much better to download the tech pub at Kodak and read it as pdf on the cell phone or a lots of other devices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    I think he's confused Tri-X, which has not been discontinued, with Tmax p3200, which was just discontinued.

It hasn't been discontinued... Yet. But given the news that Kodak is selling their consumer films, it probably won't be around much longer. Unless the news has changed...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "This app brings together the answers to some of the most asked questions we receive about our films – 'Where can I buy it?' 'How should I shoot it?' 'Who can develop it?'" said Dennis Olbrich, General Manager, Film, Paper & Output Systems and Vice President, Consumer Business, Eastman Kodak Company. "We wanted to give photographers of all levels a resource, literally right at their fingertips, that helps them find film and recommendations about how to maximize each film's performance. In addition, this app also provides information where customers can find film development services, so that no matter where photographers are, they can find a lab that uses KODAK Chemicals and Paper to bring their photography to life."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    "This app brings together the answers to some of the most asked questions we receive about our films – 'Where can I buy it?' 'How should I shoot it?' 'Who can develop it?'" said Dennis Olbrich, General Manager, Film, Paper & Output Systems and Vice President, Consumer Business, Eastman Kodak Company. "We wanted to give photographers of all levels a resource, literally right at their fingertips, that helps them find film and recommendations about how to maximize each film's performance. In addition, this app also provides information where customers can find film development services, so that no matter where photographers are, they can find a lab that uses KODAK Chemicals and Paper to bring their photography to life."
    Unfortunately, even before the bankruptcy, many of the marketing initiatives of Eastman Kodak were either incompletely relevant or not relevant at all in the marketplaces served by Eastman Kodak's international subsidiaries (such as Kodak Canada).
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    It hasn't been discontinued... Yet. But given the news that Kodak is selling their consumer films, it probably won't be around much longer. Unless the news has changed...
    I don't get your reasoning. If Kodak is selling something, for that very reason that something is going to continue to be around. How can you sell something which is discontinued?
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

KODAK Professional Film App

Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    I don't get your reasoning. If Kodak is selling something, for that very reason that something is going to continue to be around. How can you sell something which is discontinued?
    I think he means that consumers aren't buying film... Only pros are, and they aren't buying consumer film, they are buying pro film, and since this means all the consumer film is just sitting on shelves collecting dust, Kodak will soon be out of business, I think that's what he means...

~Stone

The Important Ones - Canon: AE-1, 1V | Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Mamiya: RZ67 Pro II, 7 II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

KODAK Professional Film App

What I mean is that Kodak announced that it will be selling its consumer film division, and no one knows what's going to happen after the sale, if a sale even happens.

My point is, why use an app for a film with such an uncertain future? Why devote your time to learning the nuances of Tri-X over an extended time if at the end of that time it may be discontinued?

I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin