Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,511   Online: 1055

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    What I mean is that Kodak announced that it will be selling its consumer film division, and no one knows what's going to happen after the sale, if a sale even happens.

My point is, why use an app for a film with such an uncertain future? Why devote your time to learning the nuances of Tri-X over an extended time if at the end of that time it may be discontinued?

I don't know why that's so hard to understand.
    What's so hard to understand is this illogic pessimistic logic which shows you possibly had a certain Schopenauer among your ancestors. (or Cassandra, OK she was right in the end, that's not the point ).

Kodak never made an announcement that Tri-X is going to be discontinued.
    Kodak is possibly going to sell its film division, but this doesn't mean the buyer is going to discontinue Tri-X or any other film.
    Kodak sale or not, any film can be discontinued any time. But until it hasn't been discontinued, it is in production.

We devote our time to film because we like film. We all have to die one day: I, you, and film.
    Why mourn our death before our final day?
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

KODAK Professional Film App

Because I'm not going to waste my time learning how to use a certain set of films with such an uncertain future. They haven't said Tri-X will be discontinued, but they haven't said it WOULDN'T be either. All they can say is "We don't know."

When I inquired with Kodaks customer liaisons, they said they didn't know anything, other than Kodak was in fact selling.

I've chosen to move to strictly Ilford films and chemicals. One film, one developer, one method..... Isn't that what everyone preaches? And ilford, unlike Kodak, can give me a certain future with the same formulations and products. Kodak can't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Because I'm not going to waste my time learning how to use a certain set of films with such an uncertain future. They haven't said Tri-X will be discontinued, but they haven't said it WOULDN'T be either. All they can say is "We don't know."

When I inquired with Kodaks customer liaisons, they said they didn't know anything, other than Kodak was in fact selling.

I've chosen to move to strictly Ilford films and chemicals. One film, one developer, one method..... Isn't that what everyone preaches? And ilford, unlike Kodak, can give me a certain future with the same formulations and products. Kodak can't.

Makes sense to me. Ilford offers a certain amount of stability that neither Kodak nor Fujifilm can. Ilford's core business is film. Not so with others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll agree. Who has any clear, true information about the last time the coating line actually produced something and what it was?

I'm leery of everything Kodak at this point. I really can't see any analog version of Kodak being around more than a year or two. But then again, they lost me when they stopped making B&W paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have and still can stock up a crapload of Kodak film and chemistry in a year or two and you just don't know until you know. So I support both Kodak and Ilford evenly. The only Fuji product I use at this point is Acros 100.

Buying Kodak films is a matter of simple economics, they supply it so I demand it and will until the very last minute...
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

KODAK Professional Film App

Oh! Sorry, yes that makes sense.

~Stone

The Important Ones - Canon: AE-1, 1V | Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Mamiya: RZ67 Pro II, 7 II

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin