Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,198   Online: 1158

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Doubt I'll ever enter a contest. They all seem pretty stupid to me. But instead of everyone on APUG
    whining at retreating when the first volley is fired, wouldn't it make more sense to go on the offence
    and make film the superior more advanced option? Organize your own high-profile contest. Make
    connections - and advertise "no digital anthing" allowed. But if you do, you'd better know how to
    print.
    This might actually be a good idea. Maybe we can get Ilford, Kodak, fuji and Rollei/Maco to sponsor the contest

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Well, as a non-competitor in general I am tempted to make a real photograph, quickly print it and make a copy at the right location and at the right time on a friend's Nikon camera (so the exif data looks right) and submit that - Given that I am a super cool photo dude I am bound to win, then declare the truth when they give me the cheque

However, when the cheque is proffered, will I just take the money and run?

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2012-2013 Nikon Small World (microphotography) contest explicitly states film or digital entries, even slides, accepted.

http://www.nikonsmallworld.com/photo/rules

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    But if you look at the actual images selected for their microphotog contest you'll see most of them
    are derived from relatively high-tech colorization techniques - not PS, but the kinds of artificial color
    enhancement actually used in reseach and medical applications. Some of those high-end Nikon microscopes can only produce digital images because they split apart certain wavelengths of light in
    order to reassemble them more tightly than ordinary optics can at such high levels of magnification.
    A fifty K microscope can do a lot things an ordinary one can't. But I'd love to get my hands on a
    vintage 70's Zeiss micropsope like I used studying microbiology, or a polarizing one like I used in the
    geology lab, and then put a large format film head on it, just for fun.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin