Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,656   Online: 804

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a sure way to tarnish a brand image with Nikon specifying such pre-emptive rules. In any case, I would not buy a digital Nikon (or Canon!) camera. They don't last. Film does.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikon Photo contest held since 1969 will not accept film images anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    good idea Ralph but I can't afford to get a Nikon DSLR and beat it to shreds with a hammer. Perhaps you can Ralph!
    Well, you don't beat your own camera to death! :wink:

A tourist area, and an "accident" will do nicely...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    Very disappointed in Nikon. Very bad for their image, not accepting a real photograph because they think it will beat their digital images.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Quote Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
    Very disappointed in Nikon. Very bad for their image, not accepting a real photograph because they think it will beat their digital images.
    I'm not sure if they are really afraid of film images. If the EXIF is missing, then how do they know they aren't selecting a competitor's mid grade camera, over their flagship cam?

When it comes right down to it, I really would not expect any contest sponsored by a camera manufacturer to be a level playing field. What marketing department wants to fund an endeavor where the top ten places are won by the enemy?

Sadly, for digi-folk, there are few level playing fields supported by deep pockets. Back in the day, Kodak and Fuji didn't care a bit about what camera you used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    this is as strange as nikon not selling repair parts to repair shops anymore ...

http://www.change.org/petitions/niko...ve-always-done

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    In any case, I would not buy a digital Nikon (or Canon!) camera. They don't last. Film does.
    While it irritates me to no end they have done this, lets not get carried away, I have had three of those "D-something's" that all have been faultless and gone well over 150,000 clicks before being upgraded...

It's this kind of horse hockey that makes film users look like bitter Luddites...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    It's this kind of horse hockey that makes film users look like bitter Luddites...
    Amen

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    Considering that one of the categories is limited to a function from their Nikon 1 series, it appears that this "contest" has become nothing more than a marketing tool.

I doubt any bias specifically against film, ever crossed their collective minds. It is simply set up to showcase current Nikon efforts. Do you really expect any Canon, Sony, or other winers in a Nikon sponsored contest?

Even discontinued Nikon offerings winning would be a big surprise for me. Do you really want to tell the world your current cameras do not measure up?

What category is the function and what is the function?

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    The "D" category, it is explicitly stated that only videos using the motion-snap (or whatever it's called) function of Nikon 1 series camera are eligible.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Canons have that feature too don't they? Taking a picture during video?

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin