Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,349   Online: 859

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Things Looking Good For Ilford

Ilford (or rather, Harman) seem to be doing well by looking at other products to keep themselves profitable:

http://www.harmantechnology.com/Blog...=60&EntryID=71

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great news! Always nice to see at least one of the major film companies doing well. Like it has been said to death before, Ilford is the only one that seems committed long-term to film; that is why HP5, FP4, and Delta are my films of choice for black and white, not Tri-X or Acros or Neopan. Too bad there isn't a colour film manufacturer that is committed long-term. At least Fuji should still be selling stuff for a few more years (I hope).

Shooter
    35mm
    That's good news. Diverse offerings, allows them to continue to offer black and white offerings, and possibly allow for some R&D of film as well.
    I'm really really hoping they come out with an infrared film similar to Efke IR820, but with better quality control.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please, Ilford/Harman, spool up some 127!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great to hear that our friends at Ilford are doing well. For over 30 years, PanF and FP4 (more recently PanF plus and FP4) have been my "go-to" films for my black and white landscape/fine art/ architecture work. HP5 (HP5 Plus), in turn, has long been one of "walk-about" films, used whenever I am just loitering around town with an M6 (the other, of course, being the irreplaceable Tri-X). And as far as paper goes...well...Ilford has, over the last decade or so become synonymous... I do wish our friends at EK had a similar level of commitment (what I wouldn't give for the continuation of Ektachrome...).

Shooter
    35mm
    Ilford did market a very good E6 process colour slide film back in the early 80's. It was sharp and had very fine grain with almost as much punch as Velvia 50, then it just disappeared. No explanation was give that I heard.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    Ilford did market a very good E6 process colour slide film back in the early 80's. It was sharp and had very fine grain with almost as much punch as Velvia 50, then it just disappeared. No explanation was give that I heard.
    This was, of course, the "old" Ilford, pre-Harman, and I'm sure that I've read elsewhere in the forum that the later of their color films were own-label products from Konica. I think it's many, many years since Ilford coated any color film.

And congratulations to Harman for maintaining a sound business.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Great to hear that our friends at Ilford are doing well. For over 30 years, PanF and FP4 (more recently PanF plus and FP4) have been my "go-to" films for my black and white landscape/fine art/ architecture work. HP5 (HP5 Plus), in turn, has long been one of "walk-about" films, used whenever I am just loitering around town with an M6 (the other, of course, being the irreplaceable Tri-X). And as far as paper goes...well...Ilford has, over the last decade or so become synonymous... I do wish our friends at EK had a similar level of commitment (what I wouldn't give for the continuation of Ektachrome...).
    Heck, I think most would be satisfied with ANY commitment to film from EK. They have labeled film as a non core business and thus have marked it FOR SALE. Kodak is about as non committed to film as you can get.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    similar thread already started
    I know. I did a quick search before posting, posted, then immediately saw the other thread (two others now!).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin