Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,406   Online: 773

Shooter
    35mm

Film wreath at George Eastman House

I was at the George Eastman House this afternoon and they are having a holiday wreath display and auction to benefit restoration projects; the Eastman Kodak entry is made of film and film cassette parts. Though you might be interested is seeing it. (By the way, I did get to see holmburgers briefly.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEH_wreath.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	59230

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That wreath says it all about attitudes to Kodak and from the heart (of those that made it).

I visited GEH 2003 or 4 and was expecting something quite different, perhaps because of the way we see the US as a cultureless brash society from Europe. Instead I found a wonderful museum and Institite, I walked down the street to get there and fell into conversation with another walker who said instantly you're European On asking why he said you're walking, he was Italian and working at GEH on the music archives - something few know about.

Luckily GEH isn't Kodak.

Ian

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I walked down the street to get there and fell into conversation with another walker who said instantly you're European On asking why he said you're walking.
    I like that.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In case the text under the wreath belongs to it, I'm curious about what it says.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I like that.
    I walked around Rochester for many hours over two days, he was the only other person I saw walkong !!!!

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    In case the text under the wreath belongs to it, I'm curious about what it says.
    It's the paper that people write down their bid on. The opening bid was $25 and it think it was up to about $40.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    It's the paper that people write down their bid on. The opening bid was $25 and it think it was up to about $40.
    Well that aint going to be enough to get Kodak to pay out the workers' pensions...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin