Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,637   Online: 1113

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic amateur View Post
    Is Ilford's coating machinery smaller and more economical for small runs than Kodak's?
    Simon made a thread here about Ilford's coating machine, it was quite informative but I can't find it now. The gist was that it was not only small but also very flexible.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Simon made a thread here about Ilford's coating machine, it was quite informative but I can't find it now. The gist was that it was not only small but also very flexible.
    Depends on what you mean by small. When I did the tour of the Ilford factory one of the lasting impressions was the sheer size of their coating machine. In UK terms it's big enough to fill a large and long street. Their research coating machine is too big to fit in my house, and that's not small. But of course Kodak's machine may have been planetary in comparison…

Shooter
    35mm
    sorry, *smaller* would have been more accurate.
    Steve.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin