Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,717   Online: 770

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

While Ilford Soars, (Just released)

[moderated]

"ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) -- Eastman Kodak's losses widened to $312 million in the third quarter as the photo and printing company struggles to emerge from bankruptcy protection.

The loss reported late Tuesday compares to a loss of $222 million at the same time last year.

Revenue for the three-month stretch ending in September totaled $1 billion. That's a 19 percent decrease decline from last year."

I guess all is well though:

"The actions we are taking in response to economic and market conditions are working and will position us to emerge in 2013 as a growing, profitable, sustainable company," Kodak CEO Antonio Perez said in a statement.
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 11-02-2012 at 07:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I wish I could lose that much and still be positive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    I wish I could lose that much and still be positive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hmmm!

I find this little segment from the Kodak website very interesting -

"...Film, Photofinishing and Entertainment Group third-quarter sales were $389 million, a 10% decline from the year-ago quarter, driven by continuing industry-related volume declines. Third-quarter earnings from operations for the segment were $15 million, compared with earnings of $28 million in the year-ago period. This decrease in earnings was primarily driven by significantly increased raw material costs, particularly silver, and industry-related declines in volumes, largely offset by cost reductions and price actions across the segment..."

Contrary to what a lot of people are saying, it does not seem that Kodak is making a whole lot of extra money of their film production.

Ah well, at least Ilford is still keeping their heads above water.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Contrary to what a lot of people are saying, it does not seem that Kodak is making a whole lot of extra money of their film production.
    Well then buy Kodak film!! Remember Kodak is an American business and supporting American business helps the American economy.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd buy Plus-X occasionally if they put it on sheets and 120. I don't like TMAX films and I prefer an ISO 400 film over 320, so I don't use Tri-X in sheets, either. I will, however, be buying Tri-X to put in my daughter's 35mm camera, so there's that.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In that quarter how much was paid to the Executives like Perez, they get bonuses while the company sinks. That's US style Capitalism

In other countries it's fraud.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Well then buy Kodak film!! Remember Kodak is an American business and supporting American business helps the American economy.
    Geez. I'm buying Kodak film as fast as I can but somebody has got to step up and help pretty soon!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    I'd buy Plus-X occasionally if they put it on sheets and 120...
    And sadly, therein lies the biggest problem with buying Kodak film.

Ken

(Sorry, I don't have the heart to say it...)
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    In that quarter how much was paid to the Executives like Perez, they get bonuses while the company sinks. That's US style Capitalism

In other countries it's fraud.

Ian
    Are you really that sure about that?? Based on public records the guys on your side of the pond are getting paid pretty well too. Not that I am all in favor of the executive packages being paid to Kodak execs either, but those that have control tend to get paid no matter where you're from. Fraud is only fraud when you get charged, and not always then.

We Americans do enjoy our fraudulent activities...but we certainly are not the only ones. But one advantage is that we eventually catch up to them and charge them. And then publicize it for everyone to read about. That is not true everywhere in the world.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin